Internship Reservations Agent - Soho House Amsterdam
Who we are…
A collection of private members' clubs for like-minded individuals, with currently 23 locations internationally and growing, including Barcelona, Berlin, Istanbul, London, Los Angeles, and New York. Amsterdam is our newest opening in the historic Bungehuis.
We are connecting with the creative community in Amsterdam to bring all forms of artists together in a home-away-from-home, with a unique setting to work, connect, eat, drink & nap. Also offering a private cinema, fully serviced gym, sauna & steam as well as exclusive member event programming.
We are extending our team and looking for new recruits to join our family that embody our ethos.
We have opportunities across various departments, including Membership, Events, Food & Beverage, Hotel Operations, Heath & Well-being.
As well as those candidates with previous experience in hospitality, we encourage like-minded creatives, artists, musicians, designers, and entrepreneurs to apply to join us.
We are seeking a Reservations Agent joining the Reservations team at our House in Amsterdam.
What will you be doing:
* Create a smooth workflow for members and non-member guests, from the moment a reservations request is received until the guest walks out the House;
* Get to understand the guest journey and work processes that are needed to guarantee a smooth journey;
* Process all bookings, amendments, cancellations in the Property Management System (Opera), keeping both guest and management satisfied;
* Handle complaints in professional way;
* Make sure communication flows well in between departments;
* Set up reports and analyse the data to support strategic revenue decisions;
* Run pick up and benchmark reports and change rates on a daily base;
* Think outside the box to optimize financial performance.
By being part of our Soho House family, we will offer a huge number of Learning & Development opportunities as well as other benefits such as:
* Competitive salary
* Cookhouse & House Tonic - trips, training and workshops
* Team Events
* An extensive range of externally and internally run courses to all employees
* Family Meals during your shifts
* Sport Classes
* Staff Screenings
* Currently enrolled in College or University;
* Must already have EU student permit / visa;
* English (and preferably Dutch) must be spoken and written fluently;
* Proactive and strong analytical skill;
* Subjects like statistics have your interest;
* Excellent communicative skills;
* Excellent knowledge of Excel;
* Experience in Front Office, Reservation or Sales Department;
* Extremely motivated and result driven;
* Minimum of 5/6 months internship.
People who are eligible to work in The Netherlands or have a valid Dutch work permit/visa will be considered for the above position. If you are passionate about hospitality and are looking for exciting new opportunities with our company, then we want to hear from you