Five-star Hyatt Regency Amsterdam, brings botany & sustainability to life with an award-winning living interior, botanical inspired guestrooms, a passion for discovering our up and coming East neighborhood and a buzzing Indonesian Restaurant, Mama Makan. The restaurant MAMA MAKAN and its bar are the place to go for an authentic Indonesian all-day-dining experience. Together with the entire team, our #mamaloves taking guests on a culinary journey to Indonesia, experiencing the original dishes reminiscent to the menus on the walls of cafÚs in Jakarta.
We are looking for a Culinary Intern / Kitchen Apprentice!
'Are you a Culinary enthusiast with a passion for fresh ingredients who would like to learn new and innovative techniques?'
YES, because you want…
* to be an important member of the Culinary team, and the overall F&B department;
* to get an overview of our entire Kitchen Operations;
* to gain experience in Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and even Events and Banquets!
* to learn our techniques and standards, becoming familiar with our menus and dishes, and growing into an integral part of the team, providing excellent service to our hotel guests.
What's in it for YOU?
* An entry to the Hyatt Family, a place where we care for people so they can be their best;
* 20% Discounts at our F&B outlets;
* A guest experience in your own city with a complimentary overnight stay, cocktails & dinner for two;
* Uniform provided and laundry is taken care of in house.
* 25 Vacation days
"Our purpose is to care for people so they can be their best - and we believe wellbeing is the ultimate realization of our purpose"
* To support our colleagues mental wellbeing we provide access to "Headspace App" for all employees, free of charge as Hyatt's wellbeing assessment tool "Hyatt Well-Check"
* Social Activities; Team building outings, Sports/wellbeing activities
* Hotel gym access
"Careers at Hyatt don't have to follow a traditional career ladder or path with one pace and following only one direction. Rather, they can be customized and adapted based an employee's individual circumstances and take the form of a career lattice"
* International working experience with future international transfer happily facilitated.
* Personal development plan, in order to reach your full potential.
* A wide range of development tools through the Hyatt Learning platform for all colleagues; from e-learning to classroom sessions, Hyatt provides different solutions, depending on how you learn best (example: Excel courses, Leadership series etc.).
"Inclusion and diversity are at the core of our purpose and we are deeply involved in actions that create a culture of opportunity for all"
* An International team of over 15 different nationalities
* Focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion within our team. Through employee support groups (HyPride & Women@Hyatt), workshops and classroom trainings
So, if YOU are…
* currently enrolled in a Culinary Arts or Hospitality Degree with a strong F&B focus;
* extremely passionate about cooking, already having some basic skills and knowledge;
* a team player, understanding that interpersonal skills are very important for smooth operations;
* aware that good customer service is key and that care must go into each and every dish;
* always seeking opportunities and creative solutions;
* hands-on, pro-active, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic;
* available for five months or longer;
* very communicative in English;
* legally allowed to work in the Netherlands, holding an EU/EEA passport or enrolled in a Dutch Institution (we do not assist with Visa / permit applications).
Then please send us your CV and all the reasons why WE are what YOU are looking for
|Posted on:||11 Mar 2023|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Tourism / Hotel management|