(COMPANY NAME) is a growing startup based in Amsterdam. We are disrupting the future of manufacturing, and we just raised $20M in fresh funding. Want to be part of this acceleration? Read on, this is for you!
Due to growth and expansion, we are looking for a Legal Intern, full time, to work directly with the Head of Legal in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. This internship has an ideal period of 6 months, starting as soon as possible in 2020.
You will be challenged to take on real responsibility and have the opportunity to experience all aspects of our business from supply, marketing, development and sales to human resources. This internship is a great opportunity to be a leader in molding the legal department of a startup, increase the breadth of your legal knowledge, and learn how to work across jurisdictions.
The successful candidate will be an independent self-starter who brings a combination of strong drafting skills, an ability to think strategically and execute tactically, and strong interpersonal skills to maximize value in discussions with internal stakeholders. You will work closely with the Head of Legal and report to her, but also collaborate with other teams on a day-to-day basis. You will also have another Legal Intern with whom to work, spar and learn.
Sounds like you? Hit "apply" below!
What you'll do:
* Draft legal documentation: you will be the first point of contact for Non-Disclosure Agreements and will have plenty of opportunity to work with mission-critical contracts on both the customer and supply sides;
* Become a compliance guru: review customer designs to ensure they comply with our terms of sale, assist with research and ongoing compliance with GDPR, assist in managing export controls compliance;
* Be an organizational machine: you'll be the locked vault for filing and organizing the documents for our organization
* Work across jurisdictions: have the opportunity to learn about and implement US law;
* Be a jack of all trades: conduct research and give ad-hoc advice on all kinds of legal matters.
What it takes:
* You have, or are currently an enrolled student for, a Master's degree in Law or you have an HBO or Bachelor's degree in Law, or are currently enrolled in at minimum the 3rd year of Law studies (HBO or WO);
* You are native/fluent in English (Dutch is a plus);
* Ideally you already have prior legal work experience such as paralegal work or an internship either in a law firm or a company;
* You are organized, reliable and can be the "go to" person for your responsibilities;
* You are able to work independently, ask prudent questions and can be trusted to always complete your assignments;
* You use your confidence and communication skills to get the information you need from internal stakeholders;
* You are excited about gaining hands-on experience.
You will be asked to complete a short assignment as part of the interview process This role is only open to students with an existing EU visa.
Why (COMPANY NAME)?
* Opportunity to have impact in a high paced culture and accelerate our growth
* Dynamic, international team of 100+ people from (30+ nationalities)
* Awesome office location in the Amsterdam Houthavens
* Free healthy lunches and team bonding over Friday events
* Learn more about us on our Office Instagram and Careers page
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
The story of (COMPANY NAME)
(COMPANY NAME) makes manufacturing easy from prototyping to production. The online platform provides readily available production capacity for the fastest lead times and most price-competitive parts. Simply upload designs to receive instant quotes for 3D printing, CNC machining and Injection Molding. (COMPANY NAME)' automated Design for Manufacturing (DFM) analysis detects any potential issues before production begins, eliminating risk for customers.
Founded in 2xxx, (COMPANY NAME) has produced more than 2,xxx,xx0 parts, serving engineering companies of all sizes