Internship Integrated Supply Chain Planning - SC Resilience - Thesis
Start would be preferably between May 2021 and September 2021
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Analyse the impact of supply chain disruptions in one or more Philips businesses in the last year with the purpose of identifying opportunities for improving supply chain resilience. You will create a proposal on how to embed the supply chain resilience capability as integrated part of the supply chain planning and S&OE/S&OP processes.
This project is part of a larger research consortium consisting of Windesheim University of Applied Sciences, University of Groningen and 14 different manufacturing firms. You will have the opportunity to work with other students in similar projects within the consortium and receive mentoring from researchers and supply chain leaders that are experts in this field. In this way, you will contribute to the development of new tools for monitoring and benchmarking supply chain resilience in different contexts.
You are responsible for
* Evaluating one or a small number of past disruptions (i.e. perform case studies) in one or several Philips supply chains and analysing the impact on short term and long term performance.
* Conducting interviews, organizing workshops and gathering data via desk research with the purpose of identifying factors contributing to effective disruption management and supply chain resilience as well as pinpointing opportunities for improvement.
* Reviewing processes, such as Sales & Operations Planning Processes (including S&OE and IBP), to evaluate their impact on supply chain resilience.
* Working with researchers and other interns in the research consortium to benchmark and co-develop tools, such as checklists and process maps.
* Writing a proposal on how to apply supply chain resilience capabilities onto the Philips Integrated Supply Chain planning processes.
You are a part of
The Global Business Process Owner team for Integrated Supply Chain Planning.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
* You are enrolled as a Master student in a study program relating to Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, or similar, having affinity with supply chain management, and earned your bachelor's degree;
* Preferably knowledge of Supply chain planning, Supply Chain Risk Management and S&OP/IBP;
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
* Fluent in English.
In return, we offer you
* Building your career in an international company that brings innovations that matter to you
* Fast-paced oriented work in an international environment
* Mentoring by academic and other experts in the field
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it
|Posted on:||08 Apr 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Job duration:||6 months|