Internship: Business Development for Home Care (DA)
Location: Amsterdam - Depending on the possibility to work at the office due to the COVID-19 pandemic, for the time being you will mainly work from home and be supervised remotely.
Type: Internship - not suitable for thesis
Length: 6 months minimum
Time: 40 hours/week
Expected Start Date: May 2021
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Learn about strategy implementation, business development and the important "P" of pricing within a global business context. You will also explore the exiting world of Philips Home Care Domestic Appliances.
You are responsible for
* Enabling the global Business Development and local Marketing team (i.e. commercial organization/country) to achieve targets through outstanding support and energetic customer focus.
* Owning the performance tracker, global and per market; coordinating and analyzing data using multiple tools; sharing learnings, suggesting improvement actions, and delivering business reviews as required
* Aiding and supporting development of market growth plans including analysis and illustration of business initiatives and objectives
* Coordinating and co-developing marketing support materials, such as presentations, internal communications materials and retail training materials
* Tracking of global competition, market developments and trends across multiple product categories
You are a part of
The Home Care team - located in the headquarters in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. The team implements the overall strategy and the Commercial Policy with a deep understanding of consumer needs and innovative activation strategies within Philips. Key drivers for growth are breakthrough, game-changing propositions, trading up stories, recruiting new users, in-store excellence, new distribution channels, social media and 360° activation campaigns. You will report to the Sr Business Development Manager.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
* Currently studying towards your University Master in Sciences WO (Msc.) Business Administration, Business (International) Management, Strategic Management or Marketing
* You have a true passion for marketing and commercial strategy, business development, and business analytics
* You are a self-starter with the ability to learn quickly and work within a rapidly changing environment
* Able to collect, track, and summarize information; timely and courteous follow up with global and local teams; team player; ability to anticipate and plan ahead
* Project management experience is preferable
* Fluent in English; other languages a plus
* Proficient Excel skills
* Be registered as a student during the entire internship period.
In return, we offer you
A perfect view of what it's like to work in the global headquarters of a large international organization such as Philips. You' ll be working in one of the most dynamic business segments, so you'll have a steep learning curve.
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation (proof of enrollment) will be requested. Students from outside the EU need to fill in an NUFFIC agreement, which needs to be signed by the student and the university. Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it
|Posted on:||08 Apr 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|