Operational Forecast Engineer, Trainee
PT, Porto | Student / Trainee / Apprentice | Full-Time | ID: 1xxx4
Are you looking for your first job?
Design Centre Porto
We are part of the Plant Hybrid Modelling department with team members located in Porto and Aarhus, responsible for the simulation and modelling of the weather and climate and how they affect the wind turbines in the real world.
You will be responsible for operating the weather and power forecasting systems, developed in the group. As such, you need to be able to understand and improve the mathematical modelling methods used, but also to understand how to help build robust software solutions that can be used in a production environment delivering data to customers all over the world. You will assist to and maintain relations with both the group who develops the tools and with the customers.
* Masters or equal work experience in meteorology, atmospheric science, mathematics, physics or environmental engineering
* Experience in utilizing numerical weather prediction models, e.g. WRF, and post-processing and visualization tools
* Experience from the wind energy sector will be preferred and with a focus on computing and NWP modelling
* It will be valued:
* Ability to understand and debug computer programming languages, e.g. with Python
* Experience with SQL or other relational database systems
* Experience working in a UNIX/Linux command line environment
As a person you possess the following competencies:
* You work in a structured and systematic manner which makes it easy for you to meet deadlines. It is reliable for growth in the position that you are goal-oriented and quality-conscious
* You are able to work with limited supervision and you're good team member committed to the common goal of the team
* You have good interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with scientists, sales and customers
What We Offer
The successful candidate with join our team of scientists and developers and will be working closely with the team that develops weather and forecasting solutions on Denmark's largest supercomputer. The candidate will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and world-class solutions in the field of renewable energy.
Vestas is the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas' more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at wxx.xxxxxx.xxm and following us on our social media channels
|Posted on:||18 Nov 2020|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Energy / Utilities|