(COMPANY NAME) is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 71 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees - including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
(COMPANY NAME) is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, (COMPANY NAME) has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Within (COMPANY NAME) CIB, credit analysis plays a fundamental role in managing the risks related to both existing corporate clients and new business.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The ECA (EMEA Credit Analytics) team is responsible for credit analysis for Corporate Banking clients from across our EMEA (Europe Middle East and Africa) business.
We are responsible for:
· Assessment and monitoring of credit risk according to regulatory and internal risk policies on a portfolio of corporate clients.
· Interaction with different departments and stakeholders as part of the corporate credit process, on a local and international scale.
· Preparation of written credit proposals combining financials analysis with sectorial information to support credit committee decisions regarding the client's risk of default, credit rating and adequacy of the proposed financing.
This is a great opportunity to join our growing team of credit risk professionals, and you will benefit from the following:
· You will be working with Corporate Banking clients, ranging from local subsidiaries to the largest companies from across Europe, Middle East and Africa, across many industries.
· You will gain knowledge of a wide range of Corporate Banking products including Liquidity / Working Capital facilities, Derivatives, Cash Management and Trade Finance.
· You will benefit from a structured training program.
· We are based in Lisbon, our international team includes colleagues from +15 different nationalities and we have a great working environment.
For a trainee position, we seek candidates with the following profile:
· Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Management or Accounting
· Excellent written/verbal communication skills in English (mandatory)
· Knowledge of the Corporate Banking environment is beneficial
· Detail oriented, with a basic knowledge of financial analysis
· Team spirit
· Efficient organizational and planning capacities
· Self-starter, good initiative and flexible
· Business minded with an ability to convey a balanced sense of risk
Do you wish to pursue a career in Investment Banking? Credit analysis is a great starting point for this!
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Primary Location: PT-11-LisbonJob Type: InternshipJob: OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY TRANSFORMATION AND BUSINESS ANALYSISEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: BeginnerSchedule: Full-time Reference