(COMPANY NAME) is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 71 countries, with 200 000 Employees - including more than 150 000 in Europe and 6 000 in Portugal alone.
(COMPANY NAME) is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its businesses, (COMPANY NAME) has the resources to support all clients -- individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large corporates, institutional investors and community organisations -- with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. (COMPANY NAME) holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
RISK Corporate Securitisation team is responsible for pre-trade analysis and credit approval of non recourse asset backed financing and associated derivatives transactions originated by the Securitisation business with in (COMPANY NAME) CIB. Its mission, amongst others, is to focus specifically on new complex/structured transaction approvals and reviews (at inception, annually/periodically). The mission also involves contribution to various ad hoc projects, internal and external reporting.
Transactions covering the entire spectrum of risks on boarded within Securitised Products Group within Capital Markets, CIB, across EMEA, APAC and Americas regions. The types of transactions include: bridge facilities, warehouse lines, ABS investments, ABCP funding or liquidity backstop facilities, and derivatives (e.g. Balance Guaranteed Swaps).
ROLE AND REPONSIBILITIES
* Schedule yearly activity calendar for new trade and periodic review of portfolios (annual reviews, quarterly portfolio reviews, quarterly Watch List and Doubtful Debt Committees)
* Performance review of assigned portfolios
* Perform all necessary committee approval process related functions with respect to portfolio reviews and quarterly Watch List & Doubtful Debt Committees. These include collating RISK Opinions, preparing committee agendas, and minutes, processing work flow in relevant systems
* Take credit committee minutes for transactions
* Review and validate regulatory capital parameters for transactions in scope
* Maintain and improve exposure override process for derivatives
* Produce quarterly KRI reports
* Contribute to periodic reporting of securitisation exposure and market trends to senior risk management, ensuring robust data quality and integrity
* PASCAL ("Portal for Automated Securitisation Credit Approval" - internal workflow and regulatory capital parameters validation tool): User Acceptance Testing whenever there is a development, prior to the release
* Degree in Finance, Business Math or Financial Engineering. Advanced degree would be a plus.
* Language: Fluency in English (verbal and written) is essential. Additional foreign languages such as French would be an advantage.
* Quantitative data nanalysis and reporting skills demonstrated via advanced academic programmes, or relevant work experience schemes.
* Qualitative report wirting skills synthesizing analytical findings and interpretations.
* Problem solving
* Experienced in using MS Office tools. VBA/coding/cash flow modelling, bespoke data analytics tools experience would be an advantage, but not essential.
* High degree of work ethics and overall ethical standards
* Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
* Capacity for critical thinking and express opinions
* Ability to work effectively in an autonomous way and in a team environment
* Self-starter, with an innovative spirit and technological-solutions based mind-set
* The role is a full time temporary role of 6 months duration.
* The role is customized in order to facilitate on boarding of entry level candidates, who can expect to get on the job training.
* During the period, candidates will be introduced to securitization and structured finance transactions and products, fundamentals of risk analysis and monitoring, and credit committee decision process for large complex transactions, thus providing a critical springboard for future career path.
* Conduct Expectations
* Display exemplary conduct
* Demonstrate proactivity, transparency and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
* Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Primary Location: PT-11-LisbonJob Type: InternshipJob: RISKSEducation Level: Master Degree or equivalent (> 4 years)Experience Level: BeginnerSchedule: Full-time Reference
|Posted on:||15 Oct 2020|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|
|Job duration:||6 months|