(COMPANY NAME) is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 71 countries, with 200 000 Employees - including more than 150 000 in Europe and 6 000 in Portugal alone.
(COMPANY NAME) is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its businesses, (COMPANY NAME) has the resources to support all clients -- individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large corporates, institutional investors and community organizations -- with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. (COMPANY NAME) holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialized financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
We are seeking Data and Analytics internship to contribute to the development and governance our data and information in order to drive business decisions and growth.
You will work closely with various departments to collect, prepare, organize, protect and analyze data assets while ensuring that the company meets industry best practices.
Other duties will include participation to inter-disciplinary teams, improving and streamlining data systems within the company, and driving innovation. (all the above as contributor first)
The first priority will consist on supporting our Senior Data business scientist to secure our BaU business dashboard production and data gathering.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Good understanding of the business and data strategy
* Contribute to automate present reports and check data consistency
* Contribute to design and implement data strategies and systems with TB Advisor expert and data scientist to automate as much as we can keep always in mind cost/benefit and challenging each demand, introducing new way of working
* Contribute to motivate and manage large technical teams
* Participate to the collection, storage, management, quality and protection of data
* Making sure data privacy policies and complying with data protection regulations
* Help to determine where to cut costs and increase revenue based on insights derived from data
* Effectively communicate the status, value, and importance of data collection to executive members and staff
* Knowledge business intelligence tools
* University Degree in Business, Mathematics, Economics, Data Management or similar
* Experience in Banking or Financial or Accounting Industry is a plus
* Excellent conceptualization skills and data exposure
* Analytical mind-set, ability to interpret numbers and synthesize
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Team spirit
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and influence skills
* Open and eager to learn and discover day to day banking product
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Primary Location: PT-11-LisbonJob Type: TraineeJob: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGYEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: BeginnerSchedule: Full-time Reference