(COMPANY NAME) is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 71 countries, with 200 000 Employees - including more than 150 000 in Europe and 6 000 in Portugal alone.
(COMPANY NAME) is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its businesses, (COMPANY NAME) has the resources to support all clients -- individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large corporates, institutional investors and community organisations -- with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. (COMPANY NAME) holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
Within (COMPANY NAME)' CIB, Global Markets (GM) offers a broad range of products and services in the global interest rate, credit, currency, Equities & commodities markets. GM helps clients in finding effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage exposure to risk. The client base comprises of hundreds of corporations, institutional investors, banks, governments and supranational organizations. GM has the scale and reach to conduct business anywhere in the world and deliver products denominated in almost all of the world's currencies. GM's global network encompasses more than 3,000 professionals working on our six main trading floors in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo. They are supported by regional offices throughout Europe, the Americas, Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Based in Lisbon, the EQD Sales Assistant team is organized in sub-scopes, each servicing different EQD Sales desks across both businesses of the global EQD franchise (Distribution and Institutionals). Team members are responsible for:
* Processing Clients' Reverse Inquiry Flow
* Picking up Client requests
* Pricing (or liaising with Structuring to price) requested products
* Pre-Trade Tasks
* Interacting with Clients to finalize their on-boarding
* Preparing and communicating to Clients, marketing documents/pitches/emails as requested by the content sales
* Making sure we are OK to trade prior to do so (Compliance / Credit / etc..)
* Post-Trade Tasks
* Finalizing booking of Traded deals in the Sales upstream system
* Interacting with our internal MO to BO chain, regarding any traded deal
* Interacting with Clients and Client Services, regarding any traded deal
* Digitalization / Transformation
* Continuously escalading feedback and improvement ideas to increase streamlining of the workflow
* Improving conversion ratio of high touch flow into Lite flow (through either Click&Trade or MailParser)
* Engineering, Finance or Economics Masters Degree
* Strong interest in Financial Markets (with focus in Derivatives)
* Multi-tasking skills combined with high level of attention to detail
* Methodological skills
* Be able to work on a stressful environment
* Innovative mind-set & drive, Good communication skills, Commercial mind-set and Entrepreneurial attitude
* Be able to work on a stressful environment
* Excellent fluency in English
* Computer skills: MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
* Coding skills like VBA & Python are a very big plus
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Primary Location: PT-11-LisbonJob Type: InternshipJob: FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISEEducation Level: Master Degree or equivalent (> 4 years)Experience Level: BeginnerSchedule: Full-time Reference