(COMPANY NAME) is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 71 countries, with 200 000 Employees - including more than 150 000 in Europe and 6 000 in Portugal alone.
(COMPANY NAME) is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its businesses, (COMPANY NAME) has the resources to support all clients -- individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large corporates, institutional investors and community organisations -- with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. (COMPANY NAME) holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
The mission of the RISK function:
* To advise the Bank on risk appetite definition
* To contribute as an objective "second pair of eyes" that risks taken on by the Bank align with its policies
* To report and alert Bank Management of the status of risks to which the Bank is exposed
* To contribute to the development and growth of the risk culture within the Group
Within RISK ERA department, RISK Strategic Analysis and Reporting (RISK SAR) consists in servicing the Chief Risk Officer, the General Management and the Board, as well as the RISK business domains, for each type of risk on 4 themes: Data management, Risk regulatory requests, Portfolio and strategic risk analyses, Capital calculation for market, counterparty and operational risk.
RISK SAR is a worldwide department, located in Paris, London, Brussels, New York, Hong Kong and Lisbon.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Data Analyst Trainee within RISK ERA SAR Data Management in Lisbon is responsible for:
* Get acquainted with ERA SAR DM Data Solutions and Controls
* Promote the transformation of the data environment and contribute to the implementation of Machine Learning solutions
* Assist the Head of Team to implement best practices and guidelines to control the reliability and integrity of the data environment
* Data Management is in charge of implementing the data management framework in consistency with the BCBS 239 regulation (Basel Committee on Banking Supervision), for credit risk and operational risk, which encompass the following:
* Provide to internal clients, agile data environment for credit risk and operational risk and to implement automated solutions for analysis and capital calculation
* Set up controls on data for credit and operational risk
* Support RISK ERA SAR department to analyse data
* Data Management team members report hierarchically to the Head of RISK ERA SAR Data Management Lisbon.
* Willingness to work with data
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Written and oral fluency in English
* Excellent attention to detail
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Rigorous mind set to work on data model
* Capacity of innovation and adaptation in a transversal environment
* Experience in the banking/finance sector (desirable)
* Good understanding of risk concepts and methodologies (desirable)
* Knowledge of credit risk processes (desirable)
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Primary Location: PT-11-LisbonJob Type: InternshipJob: RISKSEducation Level: Master Degree or equivalent (> 4 years)Experience Level: Not IndicatedSchedule: Full-time Reference
|Posted on:||03 Dec 2020|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|