(COMPANY NAME) is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 71 countries, with 200 000 Employees - including more than 150 000 in Europe and 6 000 in Portugal alone.
(COMPANY NAME) is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its businesses, (COMPANY NAME) has the resources to support all clients -- individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large corporates, institutional investors and community organisations -- with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. (COMPANY NAME) holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
RISK Global Markets - provides full transparency and dynamic analysis of the market, counterparty, valuation and liquidity risks managed by CIB Global Markets to (COMPANY NAME) top management. Based on the Group's risk appetite statement, RISK GM contributes to the definition of GM's target risk profile, its risk decision making process and the optimisation of capital allocation to support its development. It will monitor the actual risk profile of GM versus this target one, and assess how it may be impacted by new activities and upcoming evolutions.
More specifically, RISK GM proactively identify, analyse and review market and counterparty risk exposures on an ongoing basis; contribute to define or approve a risk measurement framework, in particular official market and counterparty risk measurement methodologies used to compute Value-at-Risk (VaR), counterparty exposures, regulatory capital, as well as to define limits and control exposure; assist and advise all levels of Management on risk-taking decisions; contribute to the valuation process and the valuation risk monitoring; define a consistent collateral framework across the covered perimeter.
We cover products in Equities, Commodities, Interest Rate, Foreign Exchange, Emerging Markets and Credit trading desks while also covering the dimensions of financing and counterparty risk hedging desks (i.e. XVA).
We are looking to recruit individuals who are technically competent to embrace the depth of products encountered in the capital markets today from a technical market risk analysis perspective, who champion diversity with open mind-set, who are receptive to change and comfortable to fit into a fast pace working environment, who are motivated to learn and who are sufficiently self-driven to achieve their goals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Automate and industrialise the various tools used by the market risk and counterparty risk analysts while keeping consistency in mind.
* Review and implement in light IT environment methodologies of valuation adjustments calibration
* Test and validate the implementation of methodology computation in the official repository system
* Analyse and re-engineer process methodologies and implementations in order to improve harmonization, gain efficiency and reduce operational risk.
* Drive harmonization, best practices and adoption of up-to-date technologies across RISK GM
* Improve risk insight by making better use of data
* Review and improvement of calibration methodology and tools on model risk reserves and Prudent Value Adjustments
* Contribution to the review and approval of pricing model changes releases
* Automation of the data aggregation related to the follow-up of the internal recommendation managed by RISK GM and dashboarding.
* Development of a tool allowing the automation of the calibration of limits on market risk and contribution to the enhancement of the methodology
* Improve, standardize and modernize the Model Performance Monitoring (MPM) set of metrics and tools to compute them.
* Effectively deliver complex oral and written messages in a clear, structured, accurate and concise manner, based on facts
* Ability to integrate information from diverse sources, often involving large amounts of information
* Proficiency in identifying, proposing and implementing innovative approaches to develop new services and solve identified issues or problems.
* Ability to produce accurate work and systematically check that information is accurate, precise and verified
* Value and integrate client's feedback to improve products, services and processes
* Ability to anticipate and takes initiative to answer a particular situation, to learn from experiences and to deploy curiosity about topics outside their immediate scope
* Ability to persuade, influence, convince and engage others to take action or support an issue/objective
* Ability to find ways to continuously learn about topics directly related to their work, trends and main changes in their field of expertise
What this internship will offer you:
* A truly diversified role where you can interact and learn about the challenges faced by the Market, Counterparty and Financing risks experts.
* A chance to expend your network within (COMPANY NAME) Europe and worldwide RISK GM experts from APAC to Americas.
* The opportunity to develop a detailed understanding of the Bank's products and activities (Capital Markets, Financing activities,..), both from a conceptual and from a practical viewpoint.
* The opportunity to concretely apply academic principles related to option theory or data analysis & science.
* Some relevant studies in Engineering, Financial Engineering, Finance, Maths, Sciences, Economics, Econometrics or related discipline
* An interest in developing practical solutions to a data analysis problems by being proficient with R or Python
* Some familiarity with financial products would be a definite advantage (bond pricing, definition of Greeks (Delta/Vega/Gamma), concepts of option pricing) and will be preferred
* A desire to create a lasting impact
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Primary Location: PT-11-LisbonJob Type: InternshipJob: RISKSEducation Level: Master Degree or equivalent (> 4 years)Experience Level: Not IndicatedSchedule: Full-time Reference
|Posted on:||27 Feb 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|