(COMPANY NAME) is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 71 countries, with 200 000 Employees - including more than 150 000 in Europe and 6 000 in Portugal alone.
(COMPANY NAME) is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its businesses, (COMPANY NAME) has the resources to support all clients - individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large corporates, institutional investors and community organisations - with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. (COMPANY NAME) holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
RISK is a good place to work because of the breadth of opportunities. With over 5000 employees worldwide, RISK benefits from and encourages a diverse staff base with many different nationalities, cultures and backgrounds. Our staff well-being is an integral part of the "people care" values within our group and this is reflected in our award-winning flexible benefits package.
The culture fosters career longevity and internal mobility. Whilst enjoying a large and close community of relatively new joiners, the RISK function benefits from long standing staff who are always happy to share and teach their extensive experience and wide breadth of knowledge.
Highly comprehensive internal training courses and programmes targeted at developing talents at all levels complement the training on the job.
The RISK department aims at being a partner of the businesses by contributing to their sustainable development, but also a gatekeeper to ensure risks taken remain compatible with the Group's Risk Appetite and its strategy.
Within RISK, RISK CIB teams engage in an upstream dialogue with CIB to better understand their strategy, objectives, deal and then RISK CIB expresses its opinions and recommendations. The RISK function is independent, reporting directly to the CEO and Group Board.
RISK CIB is composed of four sub-streams: RISK Corporate, RISK I2S, RISK Global Markets and RISK ORC CIB covering credit, counterparty, market, liquidity and operational risks.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Within RISK CIB, the RISK CIB Business Management team is in charge of ensuring the continuity of business and administration tasks and supporting RISK CIB teams in any request they might have on the below topics.
* Budget monitoring
* Perform budget and Headcount monitoring, liaising with RISK COO, RISK HR and the RISK CIB sub-stream covered via:
* Ensuring the update of head count tool (daily) and organisation chart (monthly)
* Monitoring the budgets, invoices and alerting the management if need be
* Promoting/ improving (through automation) dashboard for the management to monitor their budget
* Controlling the data quality and follow potential corrective actions
* Preparing and broadcasting the support documents for RISK CIB Management global communication.
* Creating and updating the contents of the RISK CIB SharePoint
* Permanent control
* Ensuring the implementation of permanent control framework
* Ensuring the consistency of the permanent control framework across RISK CIB
* Contributing to the Internal Control Committee
* Knowledge & Expertise required :
* Background in at least one of those fields; Business Management, Business Administration, Finance, Management Accounting, permanent control
* Knowledge of Credit, Counterparty, Market and Operational risks fundamentals would be a plus
* Appetite for innovation and knowledge of new technologies would be a plus
* Skills required :
* Ability to work on figures with the highest standards of rigour and precision
* Advanced skills on Excel, if possible Access and VBA/macros
* Strong personal work organization, with ability for multitasking
* Ability to communicate and interact easily with people and capacity to quickly constitute a network of interlocutors
* Flexibility and ability to adapt to the changes of the priorities
* Autonomy, sense of initiative and proactivity
* English: fluent, with perfect writing ability
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Primary Location: PT-11-LisbonJob Type: InternshipJob: RISKSEducation Level: Master Degree or equivalent (> 4 years)Experience Level: Not IndicatedSchedule: Full-time Reference
|Posted on:||17 Sep 2020|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|