Discover (COMPANY NAME) Hubs
(COMPANY NAME) Hubs Romania is (COMPANY NAME) Group's global hub for technology providing over 150 services for 24 (COMPANY NAME) units globally. The services we are delivering fit into four main categories: software development, data management, non-financial risk & compliance and audit.
Established in 2015, our focus has been on building strategic key capabilities, such as developing and continuously improving common IT solutions that can be shared, replicated and reused across the other (COMPANY NAME) entities.
Now, in 2022, our fast-growing organization gathers more than 1300 high-performing engineers and non-financial risk & compliance specialists that work together in global tribes.
Our work-life philosophy:
- international environment within global tribes
- hybrid working and flexible schedule
- Agile collaborative environment
- tech & soft skills development with the latest learning resources
- internships & early graduates programmes
Being a global company having in the strategy the delivery of a global platform for all customers, (COMPANY NAME) puts a lot of attention on the security processes and requirements. Following a strict set of security rules and processes, (COMPANY NAME) ensures that all platforms, user access procedures and security related tasks are in line with the security minimum standards.
The Payments & Workflow Solutions area is responsible for E2E delivery of payments, core banking applications and custom SharePoint solutions for our customers in more than 20 countries from all over the world. Our area needs a new Development Chapter Lead to entrust with the beautiful and complex task of helping and guiding developers in building, maintain and scaling our services.
The Development Chapter Lead
Leaders in this role can enable their chapter to deliver their best quality work and evolve the technical knowledge and prestige of the chapter. The chapter lead is an independent manager, able to manage team members with varying degrees of seniority, diverse skill sets stemming from the chapter's orientation and working on many squads/services. He or she communicates expectations clearly to the team members, solicits and delivers feedback frequently and is a role model for the chapter.
As a Chapter Lead, you will split your time between individual contributor activities and management / people leading activities (hybrid role):
From an individual contributor point of view, the chapter lead is also an engineering lead and acts as such with conviction towards the fulfilment of the technical roadmap, be it local or global. You give professional judgement on crafting the timeline, scope and risk profile. As a Chapter Lead you are a senior engineer and you are seen by colleagues as a go-to person. Along with the IT Area Lead and your fellow Chapter Leads you set the standards for software development in your area of expertise. You have not only a strong drive to constantly keep your own expertise up to speed, but also want to make an active contribution to the development of the people in your chapter and your area.
From a managerial / people leader point of view, you will:
* Grow the team and perform recruitment interviews (technical and/or HR related);
* Define objectives and conduct yearly performance evaluations;
* Recognize team and individual members' efforts and successes;
* Provide continuous feedback for team members (regular 1:1s);
* Build Individual Development Plan together and for chapter members;
* Coach and mentor the team members (be available for them and genuinely care about their aspirations);
* Help the team members grow in their career path (identify opportunities withing the project and learning needs);
* Motivate the team, be an inspiration for them and act as a role model;
* Remove impediments that obstruct the team in pursuing their goals;
* Think strategically in terms of overall chapter opportunities and contexts for growth (functional knowledge, technical knowledge, ownership for the delivery, autonomy in the wider Tribe context, etc);
* Collaborate closely with the other Chapter Leads and IT Area Leads to improve the maturity of the processes and practices and to facilitate the knowledge sharing across teams.
Who are you?
* We are looking for an enthusiastic team player, who is both a tech savvy but also a passionate person for building, growing and leading people and high performing teams.
* You are passionate, solution-focussed and able to architect, design, develop, test and maintain high-quality software.
* We expect you to be responsible and take ownership, respectively to anticipate issues and take appropriate measures. We also expect you to play a role model for your team and to be an inspiration for them in terms of software craftmanship, work ethics, attitude and behaviour.
* Be open, honest, communicate clearly and most importantly, be eager to learn and proactively improve yourself and the ecosystem around you. The system is continuously changing, and we are constantly on the lookout for innovative creative solutions and ideas.
* Your proactive and results-oriented attitude ensures that you always strive for the best result.
* With your team members, build a close working relationship and be empathetic with regards to their needs.
* With regards to technical and business stakeholders, be transparent, present and close to them. Create a close working relationship as well, based on trust and mutual respect.
* From a business and functional perspective, if you have affinity with or interest in banking, and specifically Payments and Core Banking systems, it would be a valuable added bonus. In the end, banking does not have to be boring
|Posted on:||06 Aug 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|