Raffles Hotel Singapore welcomed guests in August 2019 after a careful and sensitive restoration breathing new life into its beautiful building. One of the few remaining great 19th century hotels in the world, the hotel is perfectly preserved both inside and out, giving it an intoxicating blend of luxury, history and classic colonial design. Its distinctive architecture, legendary heritage and iconic service continue to enthrall visitors where restored suites, new social spaces, restaurants and bars have been enhanced for discerning travellers. No visit to Singapore is complete without a stay here, where the grand historic hotel exudes old-world grandeur infused with the unique charm of the city state.
Guests can experience the modern comfort and amenities presented within 115 luxuriously spacious suites complemented by our legendary 24-hour Raffles Butler Service and a heritage tour of the property by our Resident Historian. 10 restaurants and bars present both local favourites, fine dining and collaborations with internationally renowned chefs and curated classics such as the iconic Singapore Sling experience and classic Raffles Afternoon Tea amidst the colonial charm of the historic Grand Lobby.
A rooftop swimming pool and state-of-the-art fitness centre provide a respite from the hustle and bustle of the city while the new Raffles Spa is a holistic sanctuary offering pampering spa experiences and renewed well-being. Guests are also invited to visit the Raffles Boutique to shop for gourmet gifts and heritage-inspired souvenirs and a revitalized Raffles Arcade showcasing an elegant mix of new-to-market, and world-renowned international brands, collectively creating a one-of-a-kind retail experience that goes beyond traditional brick and mortar shopping.
Official website URL: wxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxm
The position is responsible for supporting the Learning and Development Manager in creating, implementing and facilitating the hotel's Learning and Development plan and budget, ensuring that it is aligned to the hotel's overall goals and strategic plan as well as for all operational departments to follow through on their training and development commitments. Assisting with the operations and administrative support to the Talent and Culture operations function, including colleague communication, colleague engagement and talent management.
Assists With The Hotel's Learning & Development (L&D) Needs Analysis And Prepares The L&D Plan And Budget
* Together with L&D Manager, plans and conducts the hotel's L&D needs analysis of individual colleagues.
* Assists in the planning of the hotel's annual L&D budget, aligning it to the L&D needs analysis.
* Assists in controlling hotel wide and departmental L&D expenditure within agreed budgets.
Creates, Plans And Executes L&D Programmes
* Together with L&D Manager, designs L&D programmes to meet the competencies of each job function and to address performance gaps.
* Coordinates and follows up on all corporate, internal and external L&D initiatives and programmes.
* Assists in the delivery of programmes as assigned by L&D Manager.
* Informs managers on L&D programme objectives and expected outcomes which colleagues attend.
* Monitors, measures and reports on colleagues' L&D plans and achievements within agreed formats and time frame.
Adheres To Corporate And Local L&D Regulations
* Ensures full compliance when coordinating and executing corporate initiated programmes and activities.
* Ensures that all learning activities meet with relevant statutory and organisational policies and requirements.
* Adheres to learning requirements set by local authorities and regulations, especially relating to safety and security. These include Basic Food Hygiene, Occupational First Aid, Work at Height, Company Emergency Response Team, etc.
Coordinates Industrial Attachment And Internship Programmes
* Liaises with local and foreign educational institutions to recruit and select students for internship placement in the hotel.
* Assists with the planning of interns' L&D schedule in consultation with L&D Manager and functional / departmental managers.
* Organises regular meetings with L&D Manager and interns to monitor and ensure their welfare.
* Administers the personal files and records of interns.
* Maintains engagement with local hospitality institutions through activities such as guest lectures and site visits.
* Maintains appropriate systems to record and measure necessary aspects of colleagues' L&D. These include on-the-job learning, internal and external learning, attendance, development plans, etc.
* Assists in the planning of an ongoing L&D calendar and shares it with management to ensure that learning resources and opportunities are maximised.
* Organises the learning venue, course notes, attendance sheet and all relevant materials required for classroom learning programmes.
* Assists in gathering information required to complete monthly accruals, forecast reports as well as corporate reports accurately within specified time frame.
* Liaises with Workforce Singapore and administers SkillsFuture claims for relevant courses.
Involvement In Other Projects & Initiatives
* Assists and supports the Talent and Culture team in projects and colleague activities as required.
* Participates and supports sustainability in Corporate initiatives and programmes
* Performs any other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned
|Posted on:||30 Dec 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Tourism / Hotel management|