Job Number xxxxxxx1
Job Category Management Development Programs/Interns
Location Singapore (COMPANY NAME) Tang Plaza Hotel, 320 Orchard Road, Singapore, Singapore, Singapore VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Build upon your classroom studies through our Hotel Internship Program opportunities. You will learn first-hand about a hotel's operations. Our Hotel Internship Program allows you to truly experience the industry from the ground up, where our founders and many of our leaders began. You will get immersed in (COMPANY NAME)'s culture and business and find your true calling in the travel industry. Our internships are typically available in many different areas of the hotel. By gaining hands-on experience in the exciting world of hotel management, you'll be better prepared to pursue opportunities post graduation. Here's to exploring, kickstarting your dream career, and joining us on your journey!
* To keep all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing day to day maintenance of the hotel under the direction of Engineering Management
* To continually support and improve engineering services that effectively address problems affecting both guest and associates.
* To participate in training and instruct other members of the staff by passing along knowledge and skills to assist them in their development and the advancement of your own.
* To be an independent mechanic, able to analyze problems and to formulate plans to get work done quickly including procurement of materials, parts, etc., and necessary scheduling arrangements with a high degree of quality.
* Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules (i.e., Lookout Tagout, JSAs), Safety Awareness information (such as MSDS) operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports keeps logs, and correspondence. Ability to speck effectively with customers and associates.
* The (COMPANY NAME) Hotel functions 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. All associates must realize this fact and be aware that at times it may be necessary to move associates from their accustomed shifts as business demands. It addition, it is understood that business determines the amount of hours that are worked, and that some weeks may be scheduled at less than 40 hours, and other weeks at more than 40 hours.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
Qualification requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* GUEST ROOM
* Plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware. Plumbing, electrical equipment including lamps, air-conditioners, cosmetic items, replacing electrical switches and outlets programming TV's.
* PUBLIC AREAS
* Plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing and/or adjusting all types of hardware plumbing, electrical, HVAC equipment and cosmetic items.
* FIRE ALARM / LIFE SAFETY SYSTEM
* To monitor systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems. To have a working knowledge of fire sprinkler and emergency systems.
* ENERGY CONSERVATION
* To observe energy and utilities usage in the hotel on the grounds. To look for ways to conserve energy and report any ideas to the Engineering Management.
* To clean, lubricate, protect and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel. To see that all tools used are returned to the shop and secured in proper storage area. To protect and otherwise maintain your assigned tool pouch and its tools at the discretion of the Engineering Management.
* To be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect our guest and associates, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency. To act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the building to it's normal operating status. To inform Engineering Management of any emergencies.
* ACCIDENT PREVENTION AND SAFETY
* To be aware of all existing department Job Safety Analysis and to strive to work in Analysis and to strive to work in an accident-free manner and to create a safe work environment for others. To continuously look for conditions, which may endanger associates or guests of the hotel, and to take immediate action to correct any hazardous conditions found.
* To read, log, track and interpret readings from meters, gauges and other measuring units. To maintain a thorough log of each day activities and problems that occur and to ensure this information is passed on to other shifts.
* DEPARTMENTAL DUTIES
* To clean all engineering areas as directed by Engineering Management. To work in a neat and efficient manner, keeping work areas clean and well organized. To serve as otherwise directed or needed to help maintain the effective operation of the hotel. This assignment shall be at the discretion of Engineering Management or the hotel General Manager.
* Complete all work assigned in a safe and professional manner. Maintain communications with supervisors to ensure that all needed materials, tools and suppliers are available or on order. Follow up on any items that may be on back order. Keep supervisor updated on assignments. Provide training and technical advice to other engineers as needed or requested. Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
* Physical Demands: The physical described here is representatives of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly to walk: use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or control, and talk to or hear. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to: stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and taste or smell. The associates must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and /or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The associate occasionally works in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and /or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
(COMPANY NAME) International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
(COMPANY NAME) International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
(COMPANY NAME) International portfolio of brands includes both JW (COMPANY NAME) and (COMPANY NAME) Hotels.
(COMPANY NAME) Hotels, (COMPANY NAME) International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with (COMPANY NAME) Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW (COMPANY NAME) is part of (COMPANY NAME) International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™
|Posted on:||16 May 2023|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Tourism / Hotel management|