(COMPANY NAME) is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise. Against a backdrop of increasing globalization in the world economy, (COMPANY NAME) is very well-positioned, with significant regional diversification and substantial revenue streams from all the major regions of the world. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial banking, investment banking, private banking and asset management. We are investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. All this means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
About CFO Finance - Treasury Team
Treasury at (COMPANY NAME) is responsible for the sourcing, management and optimization of liquidity and capital to deliver high value risk management decisions. This is underpinned by a best-in-class integrated and consistent Treasury risk framework, which enables Treasury to clearly identify the Bank's resource demands, transparently set incentives by allocating resource costs to businesses and manage to evolving regulation. Treasury's fiduciary mandate, which encompasses the Bank's funding pools, Asset and liability management (ALM) and fiduciary buffer management, supports businesses in delivering on their strategic targets at global and local level. Further Treasury manages the optimization of all financial resources through all lenses to implement the group's strategic objective and maximize long term return on average tangible shareholders' equity (RoTE).
We are looking for an intelligent, proactive and highly motivated individual to work in the Regional Treasury team in Singapore. The role will involve providing support to the Legal Entity Treasurers in the management of each entity's financial resources and steering the business in the most efficient and optimal way both from the Bank and client perspective.
The role requires strong technical skills and stakeholder management with various teams across the bank and locations.
* Support Regional Treasury in steering the Bank's capital utilisation in the region in the most efficient way, such as performing the capital supply and demand planning, conducting a deep dive cost/benefit analysis of the key entities in the region and make proposals to potential resource reallocation.
* Work on the enhancement of the Treasury governance frameworks to ensure the best practices are adhered to consistently across the region and all the regulatory requirements are met.
* Support the development and maintenance of current and upcoming Treasury regulatory heat maps, allowing effective balance sheet planning and smooth navigation through the evolving regulatory landscape.
* Support in ad-hoc review of balance sheet compositions of legal entities across the region, propose and support implementation of solutions in line with local constraints.
* Work closely with regional counterparts on Treasury regulatory driven projects, such as implementation of new prudential requirements in APAC jurisdictions (Basel III guidelines, FSB RRP and TLAC guidelines, etc.), identifying gaps in implementation and defining best practices for Treasury management.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to work independently.
* Ability to work and analyse large data set and summarizing the outcomes in clear and structured manner.
* Ability to interface with demanding stakeholders in business and infrastructure functions.
* Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
* Ability to manage and coordinate activities to tight deadlines across different teams and time zones.
* Self-starter, flexible, confident, intellectually curious individual with ability to work collaboratively in a global team.
* Hands on experience with Microsoft Office, strong Excel skills is highly preferred
* Knowledge of Banking concepts (e.g. Balance Sheet/Asset, Liabilities, bank funding products, interest rate risk, market risk, credit risk, liquidity risk, capital & liquidity regulation)
* Minimum educational qualification: University graduates with a degree, preferably in Accountancy / Financial Engineering / Mathematics (Must have graduated in calendar year 2018 or before)
* Must meet the SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme eligibility criteria
* All applicants must apply for the same role on both https://wxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xx/ and wxx.xx.xxx/xxxxxxs
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation
|Posted on:||14 Jan 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|