(COMPANY NAME) is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise. Against a backdrop of increasing globalization in the world economy, (COMPANY NAME) is very well-positioned, with significant regional diversification and substantial revenue streams from all the major regions of the world. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial banking, investment banking, private banking and asset management. We are investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. All this means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
About CFO Finance - Asia EM Business Finance Team
The Asia Emerging Market ("Asia EM") Business Finance team in Singapore is responsible for ensuring the official risk and financials of the Asia EM business are reported accurately on a timely basis, with key control processes (e.g. trade capture controls, model risk control, market conformity checks, significant trade analysis, new product approval, end-of-day valuation and risk runs, etc.) executed to the standards published in the bank's policies & procedures. The team performs financial planning & analysis of the business performance for reporting and decision-making.
We are looking for an intelligent, proactive and highly motivated individual to work in the Asia EM Business Finance team in Singapore. The role will involve the oversight of risk, MIS and financial reporting, Financial Planning & Analytics, trade capture & modelling, new product development and other initiatives. The role requires strong technical skills and stakeholder management with Front Office, Infrastructure Groups and other Finance teams across multiple locations.
* Assist in trade capture and modelling of new trades, review P&L and risk of our products
* Assist in the performance and review month end procedures for reporting purposes
* Assist in the preparation of daily, weekly and monthly financial & regulatory reports
* Work with financial & general ledger accounts including data / report production and analysis
* Assist with month end closing cycle activities including journal entries into the ledger system, front to back reconciliation, balance substantiation, etc.
* Assist with financial statement analysis, P&L commentary trend analysis, etc.
* Support Regional Hub Singapore and Asia traders with P&L analysis of their portfolio
* Manage stakeholders and offshore team to explain P&L and any issues that may arise
* Participate in inspections and audits by regulators and auditors (internal and external)
* Develop and utilize spreadsheets, databases and other systems / applications
* Assist in partnering with business and other infrastructure groups on initiatives and issues
* Review of standard operating procedures and internal controls of the team's processes
* Observe regulatory and compliance requirements related to the products/business/bank.
* Support the team in various projects and deliverables in the current and/or future book of work
* Possess solid technical knowledge of financial products, modelling and accounting treatments.
* An excellent team player and with strong stakeholder management skills.
* PC skills, especially on Microsoft Excel and Access is highly preferred.
* Ability to execute tasks independently with diligence and efficiency.
* High motivation to succeed in assignments.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to escalate relevant issues to managers and to keep peers informed as such
* Excellent communication skills and report-writing ability.
* Confidence to deal with varying internal stakeholders including Front Office
* Minimum educational qualification: University graduates with a degree, preferably in Accountancy / Financial Engineering / Mathematics (Must have graduated in calendar year 2018 or before)
Must meet the SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme eligibility criteria
* All applicants must apply for the same role on both https://wxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xx/ and wxx.xx.xxx/xxxxxxs
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation
|Posted on:||14 Jan 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|