A career at the (COMPANY NAME) Group is something to be proud of. Our mission is to protect and grow our clients' wealth - but not by any means necessary. Sustainability is at the heart of everything we do and we treat our clients' wealth as if it were our own. We protect our clients' assets for the long-term using expertise and innovation, all underpinned by our Rethink Everything philosophy. Our colleagues are the foundation of our success. We employ people at different life stages, from graduates to executive level leaders. The one thing they all have in common is that they seek to challenge the status quo, are imaginative and have the ability to offer a fresh perspective.
(COMPANY NAME) Investment Managers ("LOIM") is the asset management arm of the (COMPANY NAME) Group. With more than 120 investment professionals, we are a global business with a network of 13 offices across Europe, Asia and North America. LOIM has a unique approach to investment, combining the best of alternative and traditional asset management, to offer its clients a diversified range of investment solutions, including a number of new and innovative approaches.
We are looking for a keen learner and driven individual who can work with the (COMPANY NAME) Asia Fixed Income Investment team and assist them with their investment process and activites. The team manages above USD7bn in assets for both wealth and institutional clients, and is a highly respected team with a strong track record in the industry. You will have a chance to learn more about the fixed income universe from senior investment professionals. In return, we expect the intern to contribute to their decision making capability through a series of investment projects and activities.
Examples of the nature of the work could include:
* Building and maintaining sovereign country models to analyze fundamental trajectories of Emerging Market countries
* Building and maintaining High Yield and Investment Grade corporate financial models
* Building and maintaining Banks & Insurance financial and credit rating models
* Maintenance of portfolios and enhancing analytics to help team decision making
* Aid in ESG research for single-companies and collation of data and news
We are seeking candidates who display the following characteristics:
* Strong academic credentials
* Demonstrated interest in and passion for investing and a strong desire to analyze investment opportunities
* Have an understanding of financial modelling and analysis
* Intellectually curious, strong growth mindset, focused on continuous improvement and brings a broad, differentiated perspective
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
* Proficient in Excel analysis
* Strong programming skills either in Excel VBA or Python preferable
* Academic background in Finance or accounting or economics preferable
* Outspoken with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Additional requirements / guidelines:
* Singaporean who is pursuing an undergraduate degree
* Expected work horizon is around 6 months
* A combination of work from home and office may transpire, given the ongoing Covid situation.
If you recognize yourself in this description, please send us your application (CV, cover letter)
If you recognise yourself in this description, then please do apply. We look forward to hearing from you
|Posted on:||10 Jun 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|