Office Location: (COMPANY NAME) Asia House
Hiring Manager: Regional Epidemiology Director
Preferred Period of Internship Required: June 2022 - December 2022
Preferred School/Course of Intern: PhD or Master students in Life Sciences, Pharmacy, Public Health, Health Sciences, Epidemiology
The intern will take part in the management and delivery of regional medical and evidence generation activities in a dynamic, cross-functional and multidisciplinary environment. This intern will support the Greater China & Intercontinental Vaccines Medical affairs team.
You will be required to:
* Support the COVID-19 epidemiology update: search and screening for the latest research and global pandemic situation, generating the weekly report
* Take part in organization and delivery of (COMPANY NAME) evidence generation (EG) activities (e.g. contribute to study document development like protocol, statistical plans, reports in line with and including study documentation list; support development of contracts with vendors; organize and prepare meetings with vendors or investigators, liaise with medical writers to support development of publications etc.)
* Develop materials for internal and external communication of EG activities, support the quality check of the communication materials
* Conduct literature reviews on specific topics like overview of Epi studies done in the region on a given disease area, to support trainings / capability building. Support extraction and communication of key learnings from literature reviews done on the epidemiology of a disease
* Update the overview of EG activities done in the region and check status of some activities done by our local operating companies (LOC)
You will be able to learn:
* Enhance knowledge on infectious disease epidemiology, public health consideration on infection control and prevention, targeted literature review and information synthesis
* Specific medical knowledge based on the learning from our RWE studies / literature searches
* How regional/local evidence generation are being decided, planned, implemented and communicated in a pharmaceutical company
* Exposure to senior leaders in pharma
* Exposure to business skills
(COMPANY NAME) IDEAL FIT:
Business Skills and Competencies
* Educational background - Postgraduates studying public health, Epidemiology, life-sciences, health science, pharmacy who is interested in learning more about a business environment and vaccines
Behavioural Skills and Competencies
* Excellent English proficiency
* Strong written and oral communications skills.
* Meticulous, organized, and dedicated
* Deadline-driven, flexible with self-reliance to work in an empowered environment.
* Demonstrated ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, work in teams, and focus on delivering assigned work.
* Willing to stretch beyond his/her basic education, i.e. multidisciplinary approach
* Proficient in computer skills (Office) and technologically adept
Apply now by 6 February 2022
Prior to shortlisting, we will be dropping you a call to ask you for your personal information and why you want to work for us. We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and offer positions on a first come, first served basis.
At (COMPANY NAME) we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We strive to make our recruitment process free of bias of any kind and aim to create an inclusive workplace at (COMPANY NAME). If you require any assistance, either to attend an interview or during the course of the recruitment process, please let us know.
Why (COMPANY NAME)
Uniting science, talent, and technology to get ahead of disease together
At (COMPANY NAME), we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Healthcare, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the most significant changes we've made to our business in over 20 years. We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022: New (COMPANY NAME) with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New (COMPANY NAME), this is to unite science, talent, and technology to get ahead of disease together - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new (COMPANY NAME) where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients - so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact - with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to (COMPANY NAME) and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at (COMPANY NAME) where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
(COMPANY NAME) does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact (COMPANY NAME)'s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to (COMPANY NAME). The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and (COMPANY NAME). In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of (COMPANY NAME). (COMPANY NAME) shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site
|Posted on:||14 Jan 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|