(COMPANY NAME) is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise. Against a backdrop of increasing globalization in the world economy, (COMPANY NAME) is very well-positioned, with significant regional diversification and substantial revenue streams from all the major regions of the world. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial banking, investment banking, private banking and asset management. We are investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. All this means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
About APAC Fixed Income and Currencies (FIC) and Wealth Management (WM) Legal
Our lawyers provide extensive support to our market leading FIC Businesses across FX, Rates, Credit Trading, Prime Brokerage, Electronic Platforms and Listed Derivatives in the Asia Pacific region. We facilitate FIC's Businesses by providing optimal solutions while managing legal risk to make transactions viable and safe. The APAC Wealth Management business is a rapidly expanding business focusing on a client base of high net worth and ultra-high net worth individuals, their family offices and corporate structures. Working as part of a dynamic and collegiate team, the successful candidate will work with a rapidly expanding FIC and WM business
The successful candidate will be part of and spend his or her time across the APAC FIC and Wealth Management Legal teams that assists with legal aspects of the day to day operations as well as the broader regulatory, product, project and governance aspects.
On the APAC Wealth Management side, the successful candidate will also be involved with regional and global projects covering regulatory changes, services/processes improvements and product developments. The successful candidate will also be expected to foster a collaborative working relationship with our departmental colleagues and represent the views of APAC Wealth Management on regional and bank-wide Legal department initiatives.
On the FIC side, The successful candidate will work with our lawyers to provide legal support to the FIC Businesses within its Corporate and Investment Banking divisions.
* Trainee will assist in drafting and negotiating contracts
* Trainee will assist in reviewing transactions documents
* Trainee will assist in legal due diligence for roll out of products in different Asia Pacific countries
* Trainee will be expected to work with other teams within Legal and across (COMPANY NAME)
* A team-player who enjoys working with lawyers and non-lawyers alike
* An ability to build relationships with business colleagues and other control functions
* Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment with an aptitude for critical thinking and a robust but pragmatic approach to resolving matters
* Curious, open-minded, and willingness to learn
* Highly motivated and has excellent writing and analytical skills
* Positive and solution oriented attitude
* Minimum educational qualification: University graduates with a Bachelor's Degree (Must have graduated in calendar year 2018 or before)
* Must meet the SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme eligibility criteria
* All applicants must apply for the same role on wxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xg and wxx.xx.xxx/xxxxxxs
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation
|Posted on:||14 Jan 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|