Are you ambitious and passionate about PR & communication for tech? AirDNA is looking for a PR & office management intern.
Do you want to….
- Work for a small, but fast-growing startup as part of a fun and friendly team?
- Work in the Catalan capital of Barcelona, 30 minutes from the beach?
- Create contacts and gain insight into the worlds of PR, travel & hospitality, big data & tech startups?
Join our hard-working team determined to become the world’s leading source for Airbnb and vacation rental data.
Who are we?
AirDNA collects data on the growth and activity of over 10 million Airbnb properties around the world, providing reports to clients in the hospitality, property and tourism industries, as well as governments and academic bodies.
We are looking for a motivated, diligent and versatile individual who is keen to get stuck in with the PR and office management tasks of the company, and support our efforts in increasing the visibility and presence of AirDNA around the world. The ideal candidate will be excited about the opportunity of “hacking” the PR game and pushing AirDNA into the spotlight.
During your internship, you will work alongside the PR Manager to research and compile lists of contacts, reach out to journalists writing about Airbnb, write engaging content for social media channels, and assist with the general management of the office. You will gain valuable insight into how to build a buzz around a startup company, and work with big data for a wide range of international customers.
Tasks will include:
- Refining, researching and compiling lists of journalists, publications, podcasts and conferences etc.
- Writing daily press summaries.
- Helping with PR outreach: contacting relevant journalists, coming up with enticing story ideas.
- Helping with the organisation of conferences: research, booking travel, logistics.
- Helping to boost social media presence, staying on top of comments and incoming messages.
- Creating leads lists.
- Assistance with office management: ordering supplies, delivering and collecting items etc.
- Designing flyers, brochures and other material for conferences.
- Paid internship, €400/month, for a duration of 3 months with the possibility to extend.
- Join our office in sunny Barcelona. Enjoy free coffee, tea and snacks. Come out for after-work beers and lunches with the team (on one of our two terraces!).
- Be part of a professional and dynamic team, that will do their best to support and mentor you at this early stage of your career.
- Flexible working hours: 11am-7pm, 12pm-8pm, or 1pm-9pm.
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
- Length of role: 3 months
- Pay: €400/month
- Start Date: Monday 14th January 2019
- Deadline to apply: Monday 17th December 2018
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Public Relations Intern” in the subject line. Please attach your CV and a cover letter (maximum one page, in English) on why you want to apply for the role.
Desired attributes & skills:
- Native (or near native) English speaker.
- Upper intermediate in Spanish and/or Catalan.
- Organised, reliable and conscientious individual that takes care over their work (even when tasks are repetitive).
- A problem solver that can show initiative when a task is challenging.
- A big thinker that demonstrates engagement with the brand and is bursting with ideas.
- Real interest in PR, tech, data, travel & hospitality.
- Ability to write engaging and informative copy and content, and catch grammatical and spelling mistakes.
- Research skills.
- Ability to work in an open work environment without being distracted.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Google sheets, Google docs.
- InDesign or Photoshop skills for designing posters, flyers, business cards etc. is a big plus.
- Candidates must have their own laptop.