(COMPANY NAME) ODIGEO is one of the world's largest online travel companies and one of the largest e-commerce businesses in Europe. Under its four leading online travel agency brands - (COMPANY NAME), GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo - it serves more than 18 million customers per year across 46 markets. Listed on the Spanish Stock Market, (COMPANY NAME) ODIGEO works with over 665 airlines and has partnerships with 130. The brand offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for consumers across the globe.
We are looking for a full-time in-house translator to manage translations for our Customer Service Department. You will work on a variety of projects taking responsibility for translating processes, procedures, and policies into other languages.
* Translate and proofread various types of documents from English to foreign language(s), with attention to fact and nuance, so that the intent and tone of the original meaning is preserved.
* Relay the style and tone of the original language.
* Ensure translated documents mirror the original source document.
* Producing quality translations within given deadlines.
* Organize translated material and finalize translation according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
* Native level of German - Knowledge of the structure and content of the German language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar;
* Full professional level of English in order to do translations into German;
* A good grasp of MS Office and good communication skills (spoken and written) are also mandatory;
* Acute attention to detail, spelling and grammar;
* Minimum high school graduate degree. Degree in translation a plus;
* A minimum of 6 to 12 months professional experience as a translator, such as an internship;
* Experience as a proof-reader of professional translations would be an advantage;
* Proficient use of MS Office, email, internet;
* Ability to support multiple projects;
* Ability to maintain professionalism in all situations, especially under tight deadlines;
* Should be a strong team player, who will prove flexible and motivated, as well as keen to learn;
* Be able to produce work of a high standard on a consistent basis and have strong organizational skills and time management skills;
* Travel, hospitality, leisure industry knowledge;
* Excellent written, verbal, and writing skills;
What do we offer?
* Safe environment during COVID times: Onboarding and daily work can be done 100% remote
* Fun at work: At (COMPANY NAME) ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand!
* Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and technical skills training, language lessons, external events and industry conferences.
* Free subscription to O'Reilly Online Learning.
* We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance (e.g. half-day Fridays, team building activities, flexible hours, 28 days of holiday in 2021 +2 extra days off in Christmas, etc.).
* A free (COMPANY NAME) Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on all your travels.
* Competitive salaries & flexible benefits scheme: Ticket Restaurant, transport, private health insurance, etc.
* We like our eDOers happy and healthy! Free fresh fruit, water, breakfast alternatives for all (with many types of milk, teas, chocolate, etc.) and a significant GymForLess discount! After the gym you can always take a shower at our offices too.
* Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops, etc.
* Amazing offices in the heart of Barcelona with a beautiful terrace to have a break and enjoy the views.
* Annual awards for a variety of team and individual achievements.
… And the opportunity to work on a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come dream with us and join us now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status
|Posted on:||29 Jan 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Internet / New Media|
|Languages:||German, English, Spanish|