Operations Mechanical Product Engineer Internship - Sept.2021
(COMPANY NAME) Barcelona site is positioned to be the worldwide reference point for (COMPANY NAME)'s Graphic Arts Business. The Barcelona site hosts the (COMPANY NAME) Large Format Printing Business, responsible for the Research and Development, Marketing and Operations of the full range of (COMPANY NAME) Large Format Printers, including (COMPANY NAME) Designjet and (COMPANY NAME) Latex.
We are looking for an Intern in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Technology Engineering with strong background on mechanical design and manufacturing processes
The candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary development team located both in Barcelona and other international locations, working towards common and technically challenging objectives.
Key duties and responsibilities
As a Product Mechanical engineer intern within the Operations department, she/he:
* Actively participates in the New Products Design phases working closely with R&D labs providing the required inputs from Operations perspective (manufacturability, serviceability, cost)
* Drives the transition from early prototype stages to volume production at Worldwide Manufacturing Partners, working closely with other (COMPANY NAME) organizations in Asia responsible for production management.
* Holds the engineering responsibility after production starts, and improves the product and its related processes to optimize final product quality, cost and manufacturing efficiency.
* Research future trends on his/her area of responsibility.
All these activities take place in an environment of worldwide manufacturing and distribution, working with external Manufacturing Partners, as well as internal partners ranging from R&D, Supply Chain, regional distribution centers, to Marketing.
* Currently studying Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical, Industrial Technologies or similar fields.
* Availability to establish internship agreement with University during 9-12 months, either on a part-time or full-time basis.
* Availability to start between September 2021 - October 2021
* Solid technical knowledge in area of influence (ME) and manufacturing processes.
* Analytical and creativity skills for engineering experiments and problem resolution.
* Strong Team Building: Able to build rapport with partners so that new ideas can be accepted smoothly; and to give/receive open and honest feedback in a positive attitude.
* Project Management skills: Able to deploy cross-organizational implementation plans thru partners, timely track progress, identify deviations and proactively take corrective actions.
* Excellent communication skills: ability to convey key messages to different stakeholders, covering organization in geographically dispersed.
* Results and performance driven: stretching goals and clear timelines set up, meticulous actions tracking and "can do" attitude to overcome roadblocks.
* Initiative and work autonomy
* Fluent English level.
* Deep understanding on design for manufacturing: DFM feedback to R&D, capabilities to design ME testing tools, Poka-Yoke philosophy, Build of Materials knowledge
* Excellent knowledge of design margin and worst-case analysis
* High level of ME disciplines: plastic material, fluidic dynamic, material elasticity and resistance
* CAD CREO Parametric software
* A Women Network that organizes activities all year long, such as the promotion of STEM vocations among girls.
* Flexible schedule to adapt to Bachelor's or Master's degree academic program. Part time or full time.
* Opportunity to learn on an international organization with colleagues coming from all over the world.
* Diverse internal growth and career opportunities.
* Sports center (indoor and outdoor); gym, squash courts, tennis courts, basketball courts and regular fitness classes such as Yoga, Pilates, etc (temporary closed due to COVID-19)
* We also dedicate time and resources to contribute with our community through Corporate Volunteering activities.
Schedule -Part time
Shift -No shift premium (Spain)
EEO Tagline -
(COMPANY NAME) Inc. is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities
|Posted on:||31 Mar 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|