Big Data & Analytics Internship - Sept.2021
The (COMPANY NAME) Barcelona site hosts the (COMPANY NAME) Large Format Printing & 3D Multi Jet Fusion printing business, having the responsibility for the Research and Development (R&D), Marketing and Operations for it. Join a creative and dynamic R&D team working on leading edge printing technology!
You'll be part of a multidisciplinary team that develops and integrates data products for improving how we deliver products, services and other internal processes in the Large Format (COMPANY NAME) printers' business.
You will be involved in the design and development of reliable data products end to end through your active responsibility in their qualification, your close involvement in the requirements process and a through and continuous cooperation with teams across the organization
You will play a key role in facilitating that future business and technical decisions can be driven by reliable, accurate and complete information extracted from hundreds of thousands of devices worldwide. You will be working with other developers and data scientists to ensure data integrity, timeliness, accuracy, and completeness in end to end data workflows.
Depending on the projects involved responsibilities may and will vary along the data products pipeline development. From requirements and project management, to data modelling and big data systems development partnering with big data solutions teams.
* Define, supervise and execute the qualification activities needed to ensure that our data products are delivered to our customers with high standards of quality.
* Cooperate with the test team to make sure that your and their activities fulfill the defined quality strategy and are executed in a reliable and timely manner, with a proactive, supportive and hands-on attitude.
* Actively promote defect prevention, by helping to remove uncertainty from requirements or design decisions, and propose code, data or design reviews when needed.
* Guide the developers in the validation of the subsystems in the data pipeline to ensure a smooth end to end integration.
* Work in a project team of systems engineers (HW, FW & SW) and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions.
* Collaborate and communicate with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
* Apply subject matter knowledge to solve business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Work on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May collaborate in cross organizational teams contributing with individual tasks to team decision making process. Work with others to apply judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select best solutions for given problems. Ability to handle simple and situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
Education and Experience and Skills
* Currently studying Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics or other quantitative field with specific training in data science, software development or software quality
* Availability to establish internship agreement with University during 9-12 months, either on a part-time or full-time basis.
* Availability to start between September 2021 - October 2021
* Experience with Big Data architectures and technologies
* Notions of Quality Assurance and Data Validation techniques
* Excellent teamworking and interpersonal skills
* Programming Languages and Tools involved in big data and/or software systems Python (must), R, Matlab, C, Java, C++, C#, VBA, PERL, PHP, junit, postman, putty, winscp, Jenkins…Cluster compute frameworks: Spark, Hadoop, Amazon AWS ecosystem (must)
* Databases (must): SQL databases, Redshift, Aurora
* XML/JSON basics: syntax, xpath, xsd, file parsing, well-formed vs validated files …
* Visualization tools: Power BI development
* Desired knowledge in machine learning toolkits such scikit, Theano, TensorFlow, Keras, …
* A Women Network that organizes activities all year long, such as the promotion of STEM vocations among girls.
* Flexible schedule to adapt to Bachelor's or Master's degree academic program. Part time or full time.
* Opportunity to learn on an international organization with colleagues coming from all over the world.
* Diverse internal growth and career opportunities.
* Sports centre (indoor and outdoor); gym, squash courts, tennis courts, basketball courts and regular fitness classes such as Yoga, Pilates, etc.
* We also dedicate time and resources to contribute with our community through Corporate Volunteering activities.
Schedule -Part time
Shift -No shift premium (Spain)
EEO Tagline -
(COMPANY NAME) Inc. is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities
|Posted on:||31 Mar 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|