Are you bold, confident and charismatic? Do you naturally stay organized and on top of details? Do you thrive in entrepreneurial, dynamic and changing environments? Do you want to be part of the World's leader in international education?
At EF, we offer students from Europe, Asia and America the opportunity to spend from one week up to a whole year in Barcelona to improve their language skills, live with a local host family or in a residence, and learn about Spanish culture through fun and immersive activities.
An EF internship is a great experience in an international environment - certainly a very useful addition to any CV. Future career opportunities are often available and many previous interns have moved on to full-time positions within the company.Internship package
* This is an unsalaried position
* Accommodation provided. Single room with ensuite bathroom just 15 min from the school
* Exact duties to be allocated on arrival and subject to change but to be administrative
* Standard work week 08:30 - 16:30 plus residence duties
* Preferred length of internship is 3 to 6 monthsEssential skills
* Good Spanish language skills
* Outgoing & confident personality with friendly manner and good sense of humour
* Good communicator who enjoys meeting people
* Flexible, energetic & flourishes in busy & varied work environment
* Organised and structured
* Responsible and able to take ownership of tasks
* Excellent customer service
* Multicultural experience/awareness
* Your internship must be a required part of your university course
* You must be eligible to work in the Spain without EF sponsorship
* Good Spanish language skills - B2 minimum
Administration / Customer Support Department
* General administrative & clerical duties
* Assisting with registration of new students on arrival
* Answering student enquiries
* Answering the telephone
* Filing paperwork
* Distributing daily post
* Preparing and distributing weekly student evaluations to school staff
Social Activities Department
* Help to organise, promote and supervise weekday, evening and weekend social activities
* Assist putting together weekly programme of events & monthly newsletter
* Research new activities
* Help with display of information around the school
* Prepare student folders for intakes
* Prepare documents & information for weekend excursions
* Help with design & production of promotional literature for activities
* Supervising weekend excursions if desired
* Assist with organisation and supervision of occasional evening activities in school such as Disco, movie & quiz nights, etc.
* Clerical duties in office such as basic database entry and filing
* Help with student enquiries & take telephone messages
* Visit new host families to check suitability
* Administration tasks such as preparing arrival information, keys and so on
* Carrying out room checks
* Assisting residence students with general enquiries over the weekend outside of office hours
* Assist with registration & induction of new students on arrival
* Assist with organisation of departure tests & distribution of departure reports & certificates
* Weekly attendance and welfare checks for students missing classes
* Preparation of Teacher Induction Packs
* Distribution of class books to teaching staff
* Preparation & distribution of weekly teacher documents
* Advising and assisting students with basic academic issues such as assigning new online classes, taking requests for class changes and so on.
* Other general daily support to academic managers. This list of possible duties is not comprehensive, and all interns may be asked to help with other school jobs.
About (COMPANY NAME)
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs-focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics-turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about-we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ex.xxm
|Posted on:||13 Jan 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|