Online Marketing / Social Media Marketing
Founded in 2007 by Canadian entrepreneur Benny Mouckley, SuiteLife Barcelona specialises in helping foreigners (expats, students, families, etc…) and locals find their ideal sales or rental flat in Barcelona.
Our office is located right in the centre of the city, just a couple blocks away from Plaza Catalunya. We’re an extremely young and international group. We work in a team environment with all our interns having a high level of autonomy as well. We care about challenging ourselves, following our passions, working hard and especially smart, and making an impact wherever we go. If you’re creative, hard working and looking for a truly dynamic work environment, continue reading…
Your focus will be helping to expand the SuiteLife brand online and generally bringing more traffic to the website, supervised by an Online Marketing Manager. It’s a great opportunity to learn all about the powerful world of online marketing as well as our core business, which is real estate.
This is not a regular internship. Successful applicants will be treated as part of our team. Their ideas will be listened to and they will be encouraged to pursue their individual passions in order to help the company as a whole. They will not be required to deliver coffee, make tea, or engage in other mindless activities that are common practice in large companies. Applicants will learn new things each day and gain meaningful and practical work experience in this mutually beneficial relationship.
• Helping to form new (and implementing existing) online marketing strategies.
• Helping to strategically optimise the website in order to be more search engine friendly and attract more of our target market.
• Developing and working self-responsibly on Social Media Marketing Projects.
• Writing blog articles (in English) on all kinds of interesting topics in relation to living in Barcelona.
• Creation and publishing of online ads.
• Regularly updating the website.
• Helping us write, design and promote our free ebooks.
• Helping to plan content for blogs, ebooks, and SuiteLife TV.
• Becoming a Google Analytics Ninja and learning how to take advantage of that data.
• Much much more… Each of our past Interns has developed tremendous experience and knowledge of our company and industry, and has become a crucial part of the SuiteLife Team.
• Strong interest in online marketing, SEO, SEM, social media.
• Marketing minded (especially an affection for online marketing).
• Must have access to a laptop computer.
• Fluent English.
• Strong writing skills in English.
• Knowledge of Spanish a Big +.
Team work skills:
• Creative, Hardworking and independent.
• Eager to learn and be involved in a small but rapidly growing company where the team comes first.
This internship is not paid ‘monetarily’, but you will receive tremendous value and experience starting with the following:
• The quality of life in Barcelona is amongst the highest of any city in the world. Perfect weather, mountains, beach, sun, fun, excellent food, and great international people.
• Because much of our marketing and blog writing is focused on the best of BCN, successful applicants will jump ahead of the learning curve and discover BCN from an insider’s point of view and at a very quick pace.
• The ability to own and manage your own projects that are far beyond the normal scope of responsibility of most intern positions.
• The ability to follow your passions in life and develop them further by contributing to the team.
• We will give you advice and support regarding: relocation, flat finding tips and info, mobile phones, and bank accounts.
• Ability to earn university credit for your time here.
• FYI: If you are an EU citizen, there are two great scholarship programs (Erasmus & Leo Divinci) where you can easily get some financial aid whether you are a student or a graduate.
Working hours: 10 am – 7 pm, Monday to Friday.
Preferred internship length is 6 – 12 months (but if you have a very special profile we can consider less time as well).