EFL Teaching Internship in Spain
TECS is an innovative Company that aims to deliver full immersion English language learning programmes in Spain. We do this through our four departments:
• Camps for Schools: Mini residential camps for schools that run between 3-7 days at a time.
• Summer Camp: We have summer camps all over Spain in July and August
• English Academies: English classes for kids, teens and adults in El Puerto de Santa Maria and Jerez de la Frontera.
• Language Travel: 2-3 week programmes where we take students abroad during the summer. We have programmes in Ireland, the U.K, USA, and Canada.
WHAT TYPE OF COMPANY IS TECS TO WORK AT?
TECS is a dynamic company that has been at the top of its field in offering full immersion programmes for over 20 years. Everyone in TECS has been a monitor or teacher on our camps previously, meaning that we know first-hand what it is like to work on our camps and how to best train, prepare and inspire our staff to have the same amazing experience that we have had.
We are full of energy and have a true passion for our programmes, which we hope to pass onto you! We are a hard working team who genuinely strive to produce a great experience for our students. We believe that great staff are the key to running great programmes and we have the experience to help our staff to be dedicated, passionate unit that works well together to create the best programmes for our students, whilst also working in a fun environment.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for one young dynamic person, who is looking to develop himself or herself as a teacher, to join our team in around February. This person will have two main responsibilities:
1. English Academy Classes
Our main English academy is located in El Puerto de Santa Maria, and here we offer English classes to children, teenagers and adults each evening. In this role you would be trained and prepared to able to teach and plan 2-4 hours of class each evening (They start at approximately 17:30).
2. School Camp Classes
Approximately 2-3 times a month we will have a school sign up to do a mini immersion English camp with us for 2-3 days. Whenever we had one of these, you would teach approximately 3 hours of class on the camp (usually between 10:00-13:00).
3. Saturday “Fun with English” sessions
Each Saturday morning, we offer “Fun with English” sessions between 10:00-13:30 where kids from our English academy can come to play games, sports and do arts & crafts in English. You would work every Saturday bar one (and bar whenever we don’t offer the classes due to bank holidays)
For those interested, we would love to offer positions on our summer camps in July and August. With our ongoing training and development, we hope that you will be prepared to either become a full TEFL teacher on one of our summer camps, or possibly be a TEFL Coordinator; a position whereby you would be a manager of a team of up to 20 staff.
WHAT TYPE OF PEOPLE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
In general all candidates should be full of energy and be looking for work to be a passionate part of their life. All candidate should also have an interest in language learning, working with children, and enjoy working in a people industry. They must be someone who takes pride in their work and has a real ambition to be good at what they do. Also, to fit into our ethics, they should be someone who gets a genuine buzz from triumphing in their tasks. We are looking for people to take the company forward rather than maintain, so definitely all TECS Staff should be people aren’t afraid of hard work in an enjoyable environment. We believe we are good at spotting talent in people so don’t be afraid apply online now and join our team :)
This position is perfect for candidates who are wishing to gain experience in teaching, and who wish to come to Spain. All perspective candidates should be young (or young at heart), with a desire to utilise and develop organisational skills in a fast moving, dynamic environment. Candidates should be ambitious and have a keen interest in working with children.
Also applicants with a keen interest in personal and professional development may find this a rewarding position as we keenly promote applicants taking on additional responsibilities and believe ourselves (as past applicants have confirmed) to be a good company for provided skill and knowledge development for suitable, motivated individuals.
REQUIREMENTS + KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS
1. An EU passport or Spanish residence / work permit.
2. CELTA or TRINITY TESOL certificate (pass B preferred) or equivalent. We may make an exception for someone with a teaching degree or someone with exceptional past experience with children.
3. College/University Bachelor’s Degree or higher
4. Full EU Driving License.
1. Experience of working with children.
1. Teaching or TEFL experience
2. Summer camp experience, but not essential.
3. Experience of organising activities for small groups of children and preferred experience of working with foreign language children.
1. A positive attitude towards the job and the ability to respond positively to challenges and workload.
2. A professional and above all flexible attitude towards all responsibilities.
3. Good interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate effectively and professionally with others;
4. High energy levels and a young but responsible and mature outlook on life and work.
|Posted on:||05 Nov 2019|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Job starts on:||01 Feb 2020|
|Compensation:||€680-€1300 Per month + Accommodaiton + meals|