Requisition Number: 1xxxx4
Position Title: Intern General
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative Mirror's Edge games.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
Sound Design Internship
DICE Sound is looking for a inspired and enthusiastic Sound Designer Intern to work with their in-house Audio team, as they design and then implement audio assets for high-profile, action-packed titles for the PlayStation, Xbox and PC platforms.
You will report into and assist one of the relevant project's Audio Leads and their associated Sound Design team, with the focus being on one core area of a title. You will be able to demonstrate excellent sound creation skills and whilst some prior knowledge of game-creation is a bonus, it isn't expected, and we want you to be passionate about playing and making great games.
* Working under an Audio Lead, you will contribute to a well defined area of a project's sound design, both creatively and technically. Additional workload or exposure to new areas is down to your choice and abilities.
* You will create content inline with existing designs and implement this into the game using Frostbite.
* Through playtesting and feedback sessions you will refine the content and it's supporting to logic, to improve quality, ensure it is fit for purpose, encode as much relevant information as possible into the sound/soundscape and ensure that the feature is optimized and free from bugs and errors.
* As a part of the Audio team you will provide and respond to Audio feedback and be an active mixer for your and your sub team's assets and provide feedback on the title's overall mix.
* NOTE The internship is a non-paid and temporary employment
* Experience of sound designing and then implementing quality assets into a game (engine), from both a creative and technical standpoint. Linear (only) experience is also acceptable.
* Desire to develop your game audio production, implementation and engineering skills.
* Proficient with the operation of modern studio hardware, editing and designing techniques, and software such as Pro Tools, Reaper, Sound Forge, Waves, FabFilter, IzoTope RX.
* Outstanding "critical listening" skills.
* Examples of your artistic, narrative and creative sense strengthen your application.
* Knowledge of audio middleware, e.g. WWISE, FMOD, Unity is beneficial
* Knowledge of graphical audio programming, e.g. Reaktor, Max-MSP, Pure Data, is beneficial
As part of your application, please provide:
* An up-to-date resume and cover letter
* A show-reel demonstrating your skills is optional, but recommended
The internship is a non-paid and temporary employment. The internship needs to be associated with a University education related to audio or any other type of audio education that has an internship period planned into the education plan, and would preferably run from March to June 2021. We are not able to provide relocation services for this role, so we will only consider candidates already residing in Sweden and affiliated with a qualifying course. Please take the festive break (or longer) to compile your submission. We will start to review applications after January 11th 2021
|Posted on:||06 Mar 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Internet / New Media|