(COMPANY NAME) is looking for a Validation Engineer Intern in the mechanical validation group to be part of our growing team. This is your chance to contribute to the development of the world's greenest Li-ion battery cell.
You're interested in mechanical battery simulation and testing? Then you could play an integral role in the validation and qualification of our safe, reliable, high-energy battery cells. We are looking for a team member to develop a simulation model for battery cell housings to predict the failure mode during high-pressure exposure under various environmental conditions. The task includes the development of a simulation model, the setup of a test method to validate modelling activities, data analysis and presentation. Furthermore, you will support other project-related testing activities. You will work with a broad perspective from high-level prerequisites and concept development to project planning, development and delivery.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Develop a high-pressure simulation model for battery cell housings
* Develop a test setup to validate simulation results
* Arrange test activities and sample analysis in close collaboration with production, cell design, validation, test as well as quality department
* Support other project-related testing activities
* Ensure delivery of the project activities
* Analyze and present test results
* Help the team to perform and innovate
Apply with CV in English and cover letter, or your complete LinkedIn profile. The role requires traveling within Europe.
Work with great people
"We move at a fast pace and decisions are made in a deliberate, thoughtful, and bold manner."
R&D Electrode Manager
"At (COMPANY NAME) there is no right or wrong. Everyone brings something to the table."
Director Raw Materials
"It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of starting up a new industry segment."
"I love being a part of such a bold effort to tackle the energy problem."
Skills & Requirements
* Bachelor or above degree within Mechanical field
* Knowledgeable in test design and setup
* Experience in simulation, for example finite element method simulation
* Confident in data analysis and presentation
* Previous knowledge and experience in development and testing of secondary batteries, lithium-ion based technologies would be a plus
* Excellent communication skills as you will be in constant interaction with team members from both the technical and business development side
Experience with automotive projects
* Basic understanding of Li-ion battery materials, production, characterization and safety evaluation
* Excellent English skills (both written and oral)
* Experience in LS-Dyna is a plus
* Strong organization skills and used to manage a range of activities simultaneously
* Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently
* Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor
Great Place to Work
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
About the company
(COMPANY NAME) makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy - efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We're constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great - they will one day make oil history.
(COMPANY NAME) is growing fast. We're staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, (COMPANY NAME) Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our gigafactory (COMPANY NAME) Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We're prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we're dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun
|Posted on:||16 Dec 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Agriculture / Forestry / Environment|
|Job duration:||6 months|