Are you the future of energy?
Our mission is to bring on a brighter future fueled by recyclable, rechargeable batteries made from renewable energy. It's an extraordinary venture, currently involving thousands of people from countless academic backgrounds.
Join us in a paid 8-week summer internship and work side by side with colleagues from all over the world. Together, let's enable the future of energy!
Working with quality control at (COMPANY NAME):
The Quality Control team at (COMPANY NAME) Labs, Västerås (Sweden) is looking for several passionate and enthusiastic summer interns with chemical or mechanical background to join their team.
You will be working on various quality control analysis and tests of battery materials, both covering process quality controls and incoming quality control inspections.
You will be part of a young, dynamic and friendly team! You will be trained to independently analyse and report analyses results using advanced instruments and equipment in the QC laboratory, learn about the manufacturing process of battery materials and cells and gain knowledge and experience as well as be involved in the method development and validation of QC analyses.
We believe you have an interest and are studying for a degree in chemistry, materials science or another related technical field, and are curious about the world of quality.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Carry out day-to-day quality control inspections in the QC laboratory ensuring that production/product quality specifications are met.
* Participate and help chemists and engineers in method development and validation projects.
* Get trained and operate various analytical equipment such as titrators, viscometers, rheometers, BET, GC-MS, SEM, particle size analyzer, CT scanner, dimension measurement systems, optical microscopes, tensile testers, mechanical sample preparation tools (cutting, polishing, hot/cold mounting), to name a few.
* Interpret data and report data/results vs specification.
* Interest or already studying for a degree in Chemistry, Materials Science or other related technical field.
* Experience in working in a laboratory.
About the internship:
With (COMPANY NAME) Internships, we invite a team of selected students to participate in a paid eight-week summer placement here in Sweden.
As an Intern, you'll work within a (COMPANY NAME) department matched to your field of studies and will have the opportunity to learn from the very best - dealing with cutting edge science, engineering, and manufacturing processes.
Throughout the internship you can expect to become involved in numerous projects, carrying deliverables providing you with the opportunity to shine. (COMPANY NAME) is growing at a rapid pace, and in joining us, you'd do the same.
This is a chance to put your skills and knowledge to the test. To step out from the comforts of school and apply to making the world a better place with one of the most important industrial projects being undertaken in Europe today.
Work with great people
"We move at a fast pace and decisions are made in a deliberate, thoughtful, and bold manner."
R&D Electrode Manager
"At (COMPANY NAME) there is no right or wrong. Everyone brings something to the table."
Director Raw Materials
"It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of starting up a new industry segment."
"I love being a part of such a bold effort to tackle the energy problem."
Skills & Requirements
Specific Skills/Abilities for a future Northvolter
* Excellent English written and oral skills, Other languages like Swedish
* Proactive and goes beyond expectations
* Exceptionally good problem-solving skills
* Has a can-do attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit
* Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humour
* Passionate & purpose-driven
Great Place to Work
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
About the company
(COMPANY NAME) makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy - efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We're constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great - they will one day make oil history.
(COMPANY NAME) is growing fast. We're staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, (COMPANY NAME) Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our gigafactory (COMPANY NAME) Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We're prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we're dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun
|Posted on:||03 Nov 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Agriculture / Forestry / Environment|
|Job duration:||2 months|