Org. Setting and Reporting
The internship is located at the UN Library & Archives Geneva, (COMPANY NAME) Office at Geneva (UNOG). Interns will start the internship programme in mid-January 2022 and in July 2022.
The internship is for a duration of six months.
The internship is UNPAID and fulltime.
Interns work five (5) days per week (40 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the Section.
The internship position will support the production, editing and communication of the podcast, The Next Page. The main aim of the podcast is to advance the conversation on multilateralism, with episodes featuring conversations and discussions with various practitioners and experts on a range of global issues. It is available online: http://lxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxx.xx/xxxxxxt, and via Spotify and Apple Podcasts. In addition, the internship supports various multimedia communication projects across the Library as part of its outreach programme.
The internship offers an opportunity to participate and drive various aspects of the production of podcast episodes. The internship tasks include:
- Editing raw audio content and producing final podcast episodes using Adobe Audition (software).
- Creating graphic designs and other communication material to communicate the podcast.
- Contributing ideas and working to improve the layout and design of promotional materials.
- Marketing and promotion of the podcast through outreach at Library events and other marketing/communications channels.
- Assisting in research activities, such as background research for episodes and editorial writing.
- Assisting the team with technical aspects of recording episodes and taking photos.
- Hosting and interviewing podcast guests.
- In addition, the intern may be asked to assist in the creation of other communication material for the UN Library Geneva, if necessary.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
- Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience.
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from
- Places team agenda before personal agenda.
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may
not entirely reflect own position.
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team
- Supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated tasks.
- Considers all those to whom services are provided to be "clients " and seeks to see things
from clients' point of view.
- Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and
- Identifies clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions.
- Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients' environment to keep
informed and anticipate problems.
- Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects.
- Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
To qualify for an internship with the (COMPANY NAME), applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
(a) be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
(b) be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor's level or equivalent).
Interested candidates must be pursuing or pursued their degree in areas related to this Job Opening (such as Media and Communications, Journalism, Digital Communications, etc.).
In addition, interested candidates must:
- Be computer literate in standard software applications including MS Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the (COMPANY NAME) and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and,
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
No working experience is required to apply for the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the (COMPANY NAME) during your internship.
English and French are the working languages of the (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat.
For this internship, fluency in French or English and knowledge of the other is required.
Potential candidates may be contacted by the hiring team directly if further information is needed during the review of their application.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates who have been short-listed will be contacted
|Posted on:||13 Oct 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Government / Non Profit|
|Job duration:||6 months|