Requisition Number: 1xxxx4
Position Title: Contingent
Location: Geneva - Because of the length of the Internship, it will likely be a remote based position
Start Date: May/June 2021
Duration: 6 months
Please apply with a CV and cover letter in English
We are EA
The CFO organization comprises a broad group of finance disciplines, with the common goal of partnering with business teams delivering strategies and providing our players with amazing experiences. Our finance teams assist the business in achieving profitable creativity by proving financial insight, reporting and guidance.
We use progressive tools to analyze and visualize data, telling the story of financial drivers, performance, risks and opportunities. We value attributes like collaboration and learning. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
Corporate accounting's mission is to create shareholder value through integrity, leadership and business partnership. The department's primary responsibility is to prepare and report the worldwide consolidated financial statements to senior management and to shareholders through press releases and earnings calls. Furthermore, responsibilities include: accounting consultation to internal partners, assisting with acquisitions, system improvements and other special projects.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Finance team supports statutory compliance and local and US GAAP reporting for EA Swiss, EA's international headquarter as well as the reporting of the pan-European consolidation. You will be, under the assistance of the managers, responsible for preparing and booking accounting entries. You will collaborate in estimating accruals for accounting closings and look for improvement in internal control processes. You will also work on the pan-European consolidation and participate in global projects.
What an Accounting & Finance Intern does at EA:
* Under the guidance of your managers, control and review of financial processes, paying specific attention to accounting rules (US GAAP) and data reconciliations
* Prepare monthly reconciliations and reporting (use of Excel performing complex functions) and Hyperion)
* Collaborate with all Finance and business teams with an emphasis on maintaining a high level of internal control
* Assistance to the monthly closing and reporting process
* Close collaboration with other departments to validate the accuracy of reconciliations and the completeness of the data used
* Support preparing statutory annual financial statements
* Work on requests from external auditors
* Update and monitor accounting and internal control procedures
* Perform reconciliations and identify possible discrepancies
* Active participation in global projects
The next great Accounting & Finance Intern also needs:
* Fluency in English required, working knowledge of French a plus
* Understand Accounting principles
* Familiarity with Microsoft Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) required, including data mining tools and PivotTables
* Culture of challenge
* Wish to improve existing processes
|Posted on:||07 Apr 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Internet / New Media|
|Job duration:||6 months|