The Financial Risk Governance team is responsible for the risk standards and oversight of market, investment, and credit risk. We are responsible for independent risk management and create value add challenge and insights right at the pulse of financial markets. The team is involved in a broad range of activities to effectively identify, measure, monitor and report financial risk to executive management and the Board.
This includes effective risk data management, reporting and control automation of our aggregate risk management systems. This is where we ensure that global exposures are captured and reported accurately. You will help us dealing with challenges improving the effectiveness of market and credit risk data, controls and relevant reporting. Special projects will ensure you will be involved in other relevant topics.
What you will do
As an intern with the Financial Risk Governance team you will receive hands-on assignments that will help improve our risk management data, systems, automation of controls and reporting. Your responsibilities may include but not be limited to the following:
* Generate and improve our risk management reporting and analysis
* Support the maintenance of Zurich's global credit risk database
* Ensure data controls function appropriately and data is managed across functions including investments, credit insurance, reinsurance, treasury, etc.
* Involvement in ongoing ad-hoc projects to improve and problem solve as required
What you will bring
As an intern with Financial Risk Governance, you will ideally be
* enrolled as a university student in a bachelor's course or equivalent preferably in economics, finance, data sciences or related fields
* in possession of theoretical skills as they relate to financial markets, products and analysis of financial statements
* capable of fostering positive working relationships with colleagues at all organizational levels
* results driven, hands-on practical approach
* able to prioritize and balance multiple tasks simultaneously
* able to work effectively within an environment that has quickly changing processes, priorities, and deadlines
* advanced MS office skills, especially Excel. Power Bi experience is an advantage
* detail oriented with strong problem solving and analytical skills
* a fluent German and English speaker (written and spoken) other languages would be of advantage
We look forward to receiving your online application.
Zurich wants to attract the best talent and we acknowledge that talents might not always be available full-time. At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working. Many of our employees work flexibly in a variety of ways. Please talk to us during the interview about the flexibility you may need.
Explore our new Quai Zurich Campus
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich does not accept any applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees.
At Zurich, we like to think outside the box and challenge the status quo. We take an optimistic approach by focusing on the positives and constantly asking What can go right?
We are an equal opportunity employer who knows that each employee is unique - that's what makes our team so great!
Join us as we constantly explore new ways to protect our customers and the planet.
* Location(s): CH - Zürich
* Remote working:
* Schedule: Full Time
* Recruiter name: Lisa Hamper
|Posted on:||11 Jan 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|