This position is located in the Medical Services Section in Geneva. The Medical Officer reports to the Chief Medical Officer.
Within delegated authority, the Medical Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
*Undertakes day-to-day clinical duties, e.g. walk-in clinic, emergencies,
*Undertake day-to-day occupational health duties,
*Refers staff to outside specialists as necessary.
*Follows-up with outside specialists.
*Provides health education and health promotion programs.
MEDICO ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES:
Provide medical advice to the (COMPANY NAME) Staff Mutual Insurance Society against Sickness and Accident (UNSMIS) processes:
- answer medical queries of claim reviewers
- based on medical reports received, clear requests such as extension of hospital stays, rehabilitation treatments, long-term nursing care or prior approval of medical interventions.
- Help harmonize, streamline, and update UNSMIS rules and procedures:
- identify, analyse and make recommendations to UNSMIS to harmonize internal procedures and, when possible, align with other self-administered UN insurance schemes;
- propose new procedures for submission of requests to the Medical Adviser and for archiving medical information/forms;
- inform UNSMIS about other insurance best practices and make appropriate recommendations
* Manages/Supports day-to-day operations
*Supervises laboratory technicians nurses and medical administrative staff;
*Ensures appropriate training programs are implemented in order to maintain and develop the medical capabilities (e.g. health education, HIV/AIDS prevention...).
*Performs other related duties as required.
*PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of clinical and occupational medicine. Formal training in CPR and, preferably in BCLS and ACLS or equivalent emergency medical care. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
*COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
*TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Doctorate (MD) or equivalent in medicine, including residency/internship in one of the medical specialties, preferably internal medicine. Registration to practice medicine in own country is required. An equivalence to practice in France or Switzerland is also required.
A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible clinical experience is required.
Medical adviser experience in relation to an health insurance scheme is desirable
Experience in a multi-cultural, international setting is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English or French is required; knowledge of the other is desirable. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
* This position is temporarily available until 31 December 2021 with possibility of extension. The selected candidate will be employed on temporary appointment under WAE (when actually employed) contractual arrangement in the (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat. As indicated in ST/AI/2010/4/Rev.1, temporary appointments may be granted for a single or cumulative period of less than one year to meet seasonal or peak workloads and specific short-term requirements.
* While this temporary assignment may provide the successful applicant with an opportunity to gain new work experience, the selection for this position is for a limited period and has no bearing on the future incumbency of the post.
* Subject to the funding source of the position, the eligibility for this temporary job opening may be limited to candidates based at the duty station.
* Retirees above the mandatory age of separation who wish to be considered for the current temporary job opening must indicate the reason for their last separation as "retirement." Such retirees shall not be employed by the Organization, unless (a) the operational requirements of the Organization cannot be met by staff members who are qualified and available to perform the required functions; and (b) the proposed employment would not adversely affect the career development or redeployment opportunities of other staff members and represents both a cost-effective and operationally sound solution to meet the needs of the service.
(COMPANY NAME) Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the (COMPANY NAME) if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term "sexual exploitation" means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term "sexual abuse" means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions. The term "sexual harassment" means any unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that might reasonably be expected or be perceived to cause offence or humiliation, when such conduct interferes with work, is made a condition of employment or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment, and when the gravity of the conduct warrants the termination of the perpetrator's working relationship. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The (COMPANY NAME) places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
The paramount consideration in the appointment, transfer, or promotion of staff shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. By accepting an offer of appointment, (COMPANY NAME) staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and assignment by him or her to any activities or offices of the (COMPANY NAME) in accordance with staff regulation 1.2 (c). In this context, all internationally recruited staff members shall be required to move periodically to discharge new functions within or across duty stations under conditions established by the Secretary-General.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on "Manuals" hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the (COMPANY NAME) including the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS' BANK ACCOUNTS
|Posted on:||16 Feb 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Government / Non Profit|