Who we are
At (COMPANY NAME), 98.000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of
healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research
focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and
diversity, and on seeing each other's differences as an advantage. To innovate
healthcare, (COMPANY NAME) has ambitious plans to keep learning and growing - and is
seeking people who have the same goals for themselves.
At (COMPANY NAME), we believe it's urgent to deliver medical solutions right now - even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients' lives and we are fearless in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work every single day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
The RiSE program ((COMPANY NAME) Internships for Scientific Exchange) is a highly
competitive student research program at (COMPANY NAME). It offers the most talented
postgraduate PhD and medical degree students the opportunity to be fully integrated into our interdisciplinary and international industry R&D environment. As a RiSE student you will enhance your competencies, gain valuable work experience with us, and eventually become part of a world-wide network of RiSE Alumni.
The Neuroscience and Rare Diseases Discovery and Translational Area (NRD DTA) is developing medicines for a range of serious neurological diseases, including multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, autism, spinal muscular atrophy, and Huntington's disease.
As RiSE student in the NRD DTA you will join our group in Neurogenomics, and
perform at the (COMPANY NAME) Innovation Center Basel, Switzerland, applying innovative
techniques, to generate a spatially resolved transcriptome map of specific cell types in brains of patients with multiple sclerosis, to the identify novel potential biomarkers. You will be hosted and mentored by a (COMPANY NAME) scientist who will guide you through your research and provide you with the needed work infrastructure and collaborative network.
During the internship your tasks will include:
* Performing immunohistochemistry and RNA in situ hybridization assays
* Applying spatial transcriptomics technques on fresh frozen and FFPE human brain sections
* Analysing the collected data using an ad-hoc software and implementing it, when necessary
* Presenting your progress at internal meetings
* Summarizing your work and draft a publication
Who You Are
You're someone who wants to influence your own development. You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
Moreover you are/have:
* Enrolled in a PhD or medical degree program at a university and are looking to expand your experience with an industry internship.
* Experience in preparation and in neuropathological characterization of human brain tissue sections.
* Knowledge of standard immunohistochemistry techniques is required as well as familiarity with molecular biology procedures, such as RNA isolation and RNA sequencing.
* Experience using microscopy platforms is also appreciated.
* Highly motivated by the prospect of finding new potential targets for brain disorders using spatial transcriptomics approaches
Information about application documents and start date:
The preferred start date of the internship is December 2021 or upon availability.
Applications need to include a CV and a cover letter, as well as a letter from your academic supervisor supporting your application to the RiSE Program. Optional: Reference letters, transcripts…
Please note that due to regulations non-EU/EFTA citizens have to provide a certificate from the university stating that an industry internship is mandatory as part of the university training.
Do you know what (COMPANY NAME) stands for? (COMPANY NAME) embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a
serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you still have questions, then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.(COMPANY NAME).ch/faq
Job Level:Entry Level
|Posted on:||23 Nov 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|