Take part in (COMPANY NAME)'s openlab Summer Student Programme!
During two full months corresponding to 9 weeks (June-August 2022), (COMPANY NAME) openlab summer students will work on an advanced IT project and will be given a series of IT lectures specially prepared for them by experts at (COMPANY NAME) and other institutes. The students also have the opportunity to attend the main (COMPANY NAME) Summer student programme lectures, if they wish. Visits to the accelerators and experimental areas are part of the programme, as well as visits to external companies, pandemic allowing. A short report and a presentation on your work and project at (COMPANY NAME) will be expected at the end of your stay.
For more information on the (COMPANY NAME) openlab Summer Student Programme, please visit Education | (COMPANY NAME) openlab
This is what some of the former (COMPANY NAME) openlab Summer Students had to say about their experience:
"A program that provides excellent international experience and exposure to particle physics and related research fields."
"Incredibly unique and special opportunity to learn new skills, collaborate in large teams, and meet people in your field from around the world. Truly an amazing experience which I will recommend to others."
"It has definitely been one of the most exciting experiences in my life. My experience here will undoubtedly prove to be extremely useful in my future career, be it academic or professional. I will never forget and greatly treasure the time spent here working with my supervisor, fellow summer students and colleagues."
"An amazing, challenging, cheerful, horizon-opening programme! Thanks for everything!" The (COMPANY NAME) openlab summer-student programme offers a combination of experiences you cannot find anywhere else."
"I met 40 funny and talented students from all over the world, made contacts with major ICT companies, and worked on a fascinating and challenging project. It was an intense summer!"
In order to qualify for a place on the programme you will need to meet the following requirements:
* You are a Bachelor or Master student (not PhD) with a strong computing profile and will have completed, by summer 2022, at least three years of full-time studies at university level.
* You will remain registered as a student during your stay at (COMPANY NAME). If you expect to graduate during European summer 2022 (as of May), you are also eligible to apply.
* You have not worked at (COMPANY NAME) before with any other status (Technical Student, Trainee, User or other status) for more than 3 months.
* You have a good knowledge of English; knowledge of French would be an advantage.
Candidates of all nationalities are welcome to apply for this Summer Student Programme.
(COMPANY NAME) would very much like to benefit from your expertise, commitment and passion.
In return, (COMPANY NAME) will provide you with:
* A contract of association of 9 weeks to work on an advanced IT project.
* An extensive IT lecture programme, students will also be able to attend the (COMPANY NAME) generic summer student lecture programme if they wish.
* A 90 CHF per calendar day (net of tax) subsistence allowance to cover the cost of accommodation and meals in the Geneva area for a single person for the whole contract duration.
* A travel allowance on a lump sum basis paid at the end of your stay to help you with the cost of travel between Geneva and your residence at the time of the selection committee.
* Coverage by (COMPANY NAME)'s comprehensive Health Insurance scheme (contribution is already deducted from the daily allowance).
* Assistance to find accommodation on the (COMPANY NAME) site or nearby.
Possible arrival dates
Monday 13th June, 20th June, 27th June, 4th July 2022
You will need the following documents, clearly labelled (e.g. "CV", "Motivation letter", "Academic transcript", etc.) and in PDF format to complete your application:
* A CV.
* A copy of your most recent academic transcript giving an overview of your marks (if you download it from your university portal please make sure there is no protection so that we can open it).
* At least one reference letter (dated less than 12 months), preferably 2.
Please make sure you have all the documents requested to hand when you start your application on our career portal as they cannot be added after its completion (only reference letters can be submitted afterwards). Please note that all the documents you upload will remain attached to your Smartrecruiters profile. You do not need to upload them again for other applications you might submit.
Once your application has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation e-mail which contains a link. If you have not yet uploaded your reference letters when applying, you should forward this link to at least one referee, so that they can upload their recommendation letter. Please note that this must be done before the application deadline (Monday 31 January 2xxx x2 noon CET time)
|Posted on:||20 Nov 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Government / Non Profit|