Within 6 months (Start: March, April or May 2020) of your internship in the Discovery group of the Fragrance Division, you will have a unique opportunity to explore new chemical routes towards fragrant molecules using your skills and creativity in synthetic organic chemistry. The major focus of the role is on executing innovative research programs in organic synthesis and to combine scientific curiosity with industrial efficiency. You will have the opportunity to connect with various S&T laboratories in Zürich as well as with (COMPANY NAME)'s perfume creation to study the applicability of your products.
Sounds interesting? It could well be your perfect opportunity if you appreciate academic freedom but seek to create economic value, too.
In this exciting role you will:
* Synthesize new classes of sustainable fragrance materials
* Collaborate with an experienced chemist in fragrance research
* Study reaction mechanisms
* Learn to understand the needs of the industry, cost structure of materials and structure-activity relationships
* Aim to publish your results in scientific journals
* A chemistry student (Master) with practical experiences in synthetic organic chemistry
* Highly motivated to strive for chemical innovation at the bench
* A good command of English is mandatory; fluency in German or French is a plus
* Open, constructive, innovative, enthusiastic for chemistry, team-player
(COMPANY NAME) offers a fascinating internship in the challenging field of S&T in fragrance chemistry. The location near Zurich offers a great environment with a high standard of living.
At (COMPANY NAME), you contribute to delightful taste and scent experiences that touch people's lives.
You work within an inspiring teamwork culture - where you can thrive, collaborate and learn from other talented and passionate people across disciplines, regions and divisions.
Join us and Impact Your World
Diversity drives innovation and creates closer connections with our employees, customers and partners.
(COMPANY NAME) embraces diversity and is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone impacts our world