The Environment and Development Division, Office of the Director internship is for a minimum period of two months with an opportunity for extension up to six months, if required by the division.
The internship is UNPAID, full-time and based from home given the current COVID-19 restrictions. Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the division or office to which they are assigned.
The Environment and Development Division plays a leading role in facilitating the analysis, development, promotion and dissemination of innovative policies in the field of environment and development. With a focus on 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Sustainable Development Goals, and the need to improve the capacity of policymakers in the region to development implementation strategies in an integrated manner.
To support the implementation of EDD's environment and development portfolio through:
* Undertake research, analysis data and provide overall support for the development of analytical and methodological knowledge products on environment and development publications and official documents;
* Support the implementation of projects on environment and development in Asia and the Pacific, including on integrated approaches for joint actions on environmental and human health, air pollution, marine pollution, water, biodiversity and the nexus between water, energy and agriculture;
* Support the organisation and development of trainings, including eLearning courses;
* Provide support for the coordination of networks and initiatives related to environment and development in the region;
* Provide support to the organisation of intergovernmental and technical meetings;
* Provide support for knowledge management, outreach and communication;
* Other duties as required.
The (COMPANY NAME) Core Competencies include:
* Communication: Ability to draft clearly and concisely, good written and oral language skills. Skills in graphic design and infographics desirable.
* Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from different national and cultural backgrounds to achieve organizational goals.
* Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be 'clients' and seeks to see things from clients' point of view.
To qualify for an internship with the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Programme, applicants must, at the time of application, meet one of the following requirements:
(a) Be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or,
(b) Be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor's level or equivalent).
No working experience is required to apply for the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the (COMPANY NAME) during your internship.
English and French are the working languages of the (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat. Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the internship. Knowledge of an additional official UN language is an asset. Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish are the official languages of the (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat.
Potential candidates will be contacted by hiring manager directly for further consideration.
"In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, applicants may be requested to undertake the internship remotely in view of constraints regarding visa issuance, international travel and access to UN premises. Applicants must be willing and prepared to undertake the internship remotely for a part or the entirety of the internship."
A completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The Cover Note must include:
* Degree Programme (What are you currently studying or what have you studied)
* Graduation date (When will you graduate or when did you graduate from the programme?)
* List of the IT skills and statistical programmes (such as Excel, STATA, R or SPSS or any similar) that you are proficient in
* List of your top three areas of interest
* Explanation about why you are the most suitable candidate for this specific internship
* Explanation of your interest in the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Programme
In your online Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experiences, IT skills, and three references.
Please note that due to the large number of applicants, divisions are not in a position to reply to each application and that only short-listed applicants will be contacted for further consideration.
(COMPANY NAME) Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the (COMPANY NAME) if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term "sexual exploitation" means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term "sexual abuse" means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions. The term "sexual harassment" means any unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that might reasonably be expected or be perceived to cause offence or humiliation, when such conduct interferes with work, is made a condition of employment or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment, and when the gravity of the conduct warrants the termination of the perpetrator's working relationship. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The (COMPANY NAME) places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
The paramount consideration in the appointment, transfer, or promotion of staff shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. By accepting an offer of appointment, (COMPANY NAME) staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and assignment by him or her to any activities or offices of the (COMPANY NAME) in accordance with staff regulation 1.2 (c). In this context, all internationally recruited staff members shall be required to move periodically to discharge new functions within or across duty stations under conditions established by the Secretary-General.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on "Manuals" hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the (COMPANY NAME) including the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS' BANK ACCOUNTS
|Posted on:||12 Jan 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Government / Non Profit|
|Languages:||English, French, Arabic|