(COMPANY NAME) is the fastest way to modern apps, providing containers-as-a-service at enterprise scale. The company uses a unique as-a-service model to deliver Kubernetes and related open source software, empowering developers to build, share and run their applications anywhere - from public cloud to hybrid cloud to the edge. (COMPANY NAME) serves many of the world's leading enterprises, including Adobe, DocuSign, Liberty Mutual, PayPal, Reliance Jio, Splunk, STC, Vodafone, and Volkswagen. Learn more at wxx.xxxxxxxx.xxx.
(COMPANY NAME) is adding an Intern position as a Junior Engineer. This internship will help you gain professional skills and get to know the company inside out. The Internship program is focused on the professional education under skilled managers' control and it helps to receive feedback at all working stages and identify the development area. As a result, you'll take part in real projects, you'll identify areas of interest and improve yourself, get to know the company better and hopefully land a permanent job.
* Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone, email or web portal
* Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the impact of the problem and clarify the customer's concerns;
* Track and manage issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
* Follow standard procedures to direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel and appropriate internal teams (e.g. support and operations engineers, software developers)
* Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
* Refer to internal database or external resources to provide information on (COMPANY NAME) products or services
* Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
* Follow-up and update customer status and information, ensure Customer's systems are fully functional after resolution
* Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
* Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
* Maintain jovial relationships with clients.
* Minimum of one year of experience working with IT help desks or in other IT related positions, or equivalent educational experience
* Familiarity with Linux distributions (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, and SLES)
* General Familiarity with System Admin knowledge - Openstack, Linux, Ubuntu, KVM, XEN, CentOS, and Kubernetes
* Experience troubleshooting remote Linux system issues
* Familiarity with cloud services (Azure, AWS, GCP)
* Familiarity with DevOps software such as Puppet, Chef, and Jenkins
* Knowledge of REST API and web applications
* Be able to work 1st or 2nd shifts with occasionally weekend shifts
* Good communication skills, a sense of diplomacy, and a genuine eagerness to help others.
What does (COMPANY NAME) offer you?
* Work with an established Silicon Valley leader in the cloud infrastructure industry.
* Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune 500 and Global 2000 customers implement next-generation cloud technologies.
* Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation.
* Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued.
* Internship provides you with the opportunity to combine work and education.
* Professional development and training.
* Modern bright office, centrally located and close to public transportation.
* Customized workstation (macOS, Windows, Linux).
* Company outings, happy hours, hackathons, and tech talks.
* Receive a competitive compensation package with a strong benefits plan.
(COMPANY NAME) ranked in the top 50 of G2's Best IT Cloud Products of 2021
|Posted on:||04 May 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|