Programme: Apprenticeship 2017 - Business Support - Secretarial
Job Function: Business Support - Secretarial
Intake Year: 2017
We know diversity and inclusion is good for our business and the communities in which we operate. We recognise that our inclusive environment provides a better service to clients and makes for a great place to work. That's why we value difference and seek out potential. That's the (COMPANY NAME) difference.
Our people are at the heart of our continued success and being part of (COMPANY NAME) is being part of a community of talented and innovative people, working together to have a positive, lasting impact on our clients. No one type of person succeeds at (COMPANY NAME); a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
About the programme
The Business Support Academy (BSA) offers a hands-on, blended learning approach and experience to work and study. It is 15 month apprenticeship programme across (COMPANY NAME) Business Services. After the programme it can lead to a permanent job opportunity within (COMPANY NAME) Business Services. The apprentices will be fully supported throughout the programme with guidance from the BSA programme team, the (COMPANY NAME) Professional Qualification team and our external training provider.
The BSA offers an alternative entry route into our business. Apprentices have the prospects to gain a recognised qualification and develop professional skills whilst earning a salary. The qualification is delivered through a mix of live online teaching sessions delivered by our external provider and face-to-face inductions and masterclasses.
Responsibilities and Task
As a Team Secretary there'll be no such thing as a typical day, but your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing accurate and prompt audio and copy typing service
- Preparation of Word, PowerPoint and Excel documents, including letters, meeting notes, reports, presentations and talk books, organisation of printing and binding of documents
- Arranging internal and external meetings, book meeting rooms, catering and equipment
- Organising business travel and accommodation
- Answering both internal and external calls promptly and politely in accordance with (COMPANY NAME)'s policy ensuring that accurate and detailed messages are taken and distributed and any queries dealt with professionally and effectively
- Order business cards
- Enter and maintain client information on internal databases
- Preparation of client fees and other financial administration as required
- Deal with any IT, voice and data requests/queries as required
- Input and submit timesheets in a timely manner
- Ensure all filing systems and archive records are accurate and up to date
- Build a comprehensive knowledge of the team's business and develop an understanding of (COMPANY NAME)'s processes and procedures
- Deal with incoming post, distribute and highlight urgent post where necessary; return/receive files and send off-site where necessary
- Scanning, photocopying and binding documents
- Assist with the completion of visa applications where necessary
You may be required to work in other Business Services teams to meet business requirements, and the requirements of your apprenticeship programme.
Training, support and development towards
In order to complete our Apprenticeship you will be required to demonstrate a range of skills, knowledge and abilities and these will come from:
- The role you do
- The experience and knowledge you have built to date
- Completing learning activities to develop your knowledge further
The Level 3 Apprenticeship in Business Administration will provide you with:
- Paid time to attend off-the-job training (including additional support for English & Maths, or support accessed for learning difficulties and / or disabilities).
- At least 20% of your time to be dedicated to off-the-job learning.
- Transferable knowledge and skills; including decision making, record & document production, planning & organising, project management and assessment preparation.
- Knowledge modules covering the following key topics:
- Understanding Business
- Regulation, Policies and Processes
- Personal Development
- Project and Stakeholder Management
What do we look for?
Within our recruitment process, we look for more than just your academics results. This wider perspective helps us ensure that we are giving you the best opportunity to demonstrate your potential. We assess your application against (COMPANY NAME)'s Behavioural Capabilities and combine a number of different factors, and how you perform in our recruitment process to build our confidence in whether you will be a success at (COMPANY NAME).
As a general rule, you will be required to meet the following requirements:
- 5 GCSEs Grades A*-C or equivalent (including Maths, English and ideally ICT; although this isn't essential)
- Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel & Word
What are we looking for you to show us?
During the recruitment process, you will need to demonstrate (COMPANY NAME)'s Behavioural Capabilities. By this, we mean the skills and behaviours that every person here at (COMPANY NAME) shares. To us, 'behaviours' are more than the way you act - they represent the set of values that underpin our business.
(COMPANY NAME)'s Behavioural Capabilities are:
- Career Motivation
- Delivers Quality
- Drives Collaboration and Inclusion
- Strives for Continual Improvement
- Exercises Professional Judgement
- Makes an Impact
- Seizes Business Opportunities
- Demonstrates Innovation and Curiosity
Further information on these behaviours can be found at wxx.xxxxxxxxxxx.xx.xx/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
Your (COMPANY NAME) Experience
At (COMPANY NAME), your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That's why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it's great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities - you'll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We're proud of our culture - it's one that recognises hard work, encourages new ways of thinking and embraces diversity and inclusion. We have an innovative spirit which inspires what we do and how we do it - striving to be better lies at the heart of who we are.
We're at our best when you're at your best; that's why we've created 'Our Deal' and 'The Academy'. They're our way of recognising and rewarding our colleagues for giving their best at work. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking and your birthday off, we're making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
Applying with a Disability
(COMPANY NAME) are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of The Employers' Forum on Disability we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
(COMPANY NAME)'s commitment to diversity:
(COMPANY NAME) consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the (COMPANY NAME) difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at (COMPANY NAME) here.
Policy for Agencies
(COMPANY NAME) has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV's from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy