Location: Marsh Lane, Portbury, Bristol, BS20 7XL
Hours: Full Time 40.25 Hours per week MON-SUN (554 Shift Pattern)
We're looking for a Trainee Bodyshop Prepper to join our fast-growing team at (COMPANY NAME), helping to transform the way people buy used cars and making buying a car no different to buying any other product online today.
The Trainee Bodyshop Prepper will be responsible for preparing vehicles for paint. You will be someone that enjoys working in a fast paced environment with a hands on attitude and at heart with a data-driven mindset, sharing fresh ideas for how to apply best practice to improve efficiency by reducing operating costs while increasing productivity.
What you'll be doing:
* Preparing vehicles for painting, as per the detailed instruction, and using appropriate
tools to rub down paintwork where small dents or chips are located.
* Preparing vehicles with masking paper to protect areas not required for painting.
* Rubbing down primer to a smooth finish.
* Using primer to cover chips or filled dents.
* Using the appropriate filling material, where small chips or dents need filling.
* After painting, using fine paper to remove blemishes and dirt in the paint.
* Attending all training programmes as necessary and when instructed.
* Using orbital sanders to remove small chips in the paint.
* Maintaining a clean and tidy working area at all times.
* Sending completed vehicles to the valeting team.
* Rubbing down filler to a smooth finish.
* De-masking any masking paper.
Required skills and experience:
* Significant exposure working in a similar position i.e. Prepper, Bodyshop / Bodyworks Operative, MET Technician, Strip & Refit etc
* Full UK Driving Licence.
* Significant exposure using orbital sanders.
* Ability to work fast and efficiently.
* Team player.
We want to keep everyone at (COMPANY NAME) happy and healthy, as such we offer a great benefit package which includes:
* 23.5 days holidays and an extra day for your birthday.
* Discretionary annual bonus
* 5% salary matched pension scheme
* Wellbeing and healthcare benefits
* Training and development opportunities
Plus many many more!
Founded in 2018, (COMPANY NAME) is backed by leading investors and has a highly experienced team, led by Founder & CEO, Alex Chesterman OBE.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.
|Posted on:||11 Jun 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Job duration:||6 months|