(COMPANY NAME) Operations Limited
(COMPANY NAME) is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of EUR 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. (COMPANY NAME) offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. (COMPANY NAME) is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, (COMPANY NAME) provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Start date: 6th July 2020
To stay on top, (COMPANY NAME) recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging internship opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our internships give a unique insight into potential career paths within (COMPANY NAME). They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the (COMPANY NAME) and should benefit your future studies.
Flight Physics is responsible for overall aircraft design activities that are used for the detailed design across all the stages of aircraft development, from pre-design work to in-service support.
The majority of Flight Physics activities are focused on aircraft programmes such as the A350XWB, A320neo and future aircraft research programmes, but there is also significant effort on R&T and capability/tool development, as a result work type is varied and interesting.
Within Flight Physics in the UK there are four departments: Aerodynamics, Loads & Aeroelastics, Mass Properties and Policy and Development.
* Aerodynamics: Are responsible for designing the wing shape, developing the aircraft configuration and characterising the aerodynamic behaviour of the aircraft. Multiple techniques are used, including CFD calculations and wind tunnel testing, to achieve a design with the best possible performance.
* Loads & Aeroelastics: Are responsible for the definition of the loads that the aircraft will experience on ground and in flight at the most extreme conditions that could be encountered, which are then used to design the airframe, landing gear and systems.
* Mass Properties: Are responsible for tracking and predicting aircraft weight, to achieve the optimum weight for any aircraft component. A key part of this is developing tools to forecast the component and aircraft weight and verifying the weights of the final manufactured product.
* Flight Physics Capability: Help to develop the diverse range of tools used by Flight Physics and are looking at how to apply new technologies such Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Data Analytics to our business.
Task & accountabilities :
During this internship, the activities you may undertake will include
Interns make a significant contribution to Flight Physics. You are given real responsibility in your placement and do valuable work, experiencing a wide range of technical topics. A typical internship will comprise of a main project within one of the departments mentioned above, that will run for the length of the placement, with additional shorter tasks to give exposure to other subjects.
Required skills :
Please note, we love your interest in working for (COMPANY NAME) but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It... Count!
Our Internships are open to Undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
* Naturally curious and excited to explore
* Excited to work in a dynamic and changing environment
* Keen to investigate and solve problems in new ways
* Passionate about Aerospace and the challenges of the civil aircraft market
* An undergraduate studying for at least two years in Physics, Aeronautical, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or a similar technical subject
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We cannot promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities additional time for written exercises auxiliary aids room layout dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email email@example.com. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to (COMPANY NAME) using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by (COMPANY NAME).
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief