Are you excited for the opportunity to secure hundreds of thousands of hosts, hundreds of millions of lines of code, billions of online transactions, and one of the most visited sites on the internet? Are you passionate about solving problems in an online world where threats grow ever more sophisticated? Do you want to be a part of an excellent information security team to tackle never-before-seen challenges at dizzying scales?
At (COMPANY NAME), we hire the best minds in technology to innovate and build things to benefit our customers. The intense focus we have on our customers is how we have earn customer trust and why we are one of the world's most beloved brands - customer obsession is part of our company DNA. To earn that trust in an environment as vast and varied as (COMPANY NAME)'s and an online world where threats grow ever more sophisticated requires building a world-class information security team to tackle never-before-seen challenges at dizzying scales.
(COMPANY NAME) is looking for an intern to join the Information Security (InfoSec) team. InfoSec is focused on privacy, compliance and governance, and security across multiple domains including application, partner, offensive security, defensive security, and software development. Security engineers use cutting-edge technology to solve
complex problems and get to see the impact of their work first hand. There is a certain kind of person who takes on this role at (COMPANY NAME) - someone who is excited by the idea of creating new products, features, and services from scratch while managing ambiguity and the pace of a company whose ship cycles are measured in weeks, not years.
As an (COMPANY NAME) intern, you will be interacting with your peers and (COMPANY NAME)'s global team of full-time professionals as part of our world-beating Software and Systems Development teams. You will benefit from the opportunity to attend our popular technical architecture meetings, asking many questions and learning as you go. You will have
lots of fun and maybe even make history!
As a security engineer, you will/may:
· Create and execute security controls, defences, and countermeasures to intercept and prevent internal and/or external attacks, seeking guidance from your team and manager.
· Develop, test, review, debug, or deploy code that supports security protocols.
· Work effectively with your team to identify security problems and improve the security aspects of their service(s).
· Assess risks that could affect the integrity, availability, or confidentiality of data, systems, or services.
· Resolve security events, incidents, or conduct security assessments using penetration tests, ethical hacking tools, or risk mitigation methodologies to evaluate vulnerabilities.
· Classify, store, and handle data in accordance with policy or best practices.
· Troubleshoot, research the root causes, and resolve security or risk issues with guidance.
· Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or related fields
· Experience with at least one functional scripting language (e.g., Perl, Python, Ruby, shell scripting).
· Knowledge of system, network, and OS.
· Knowledge of internet fundamentals and cloud computing concepts
· Familiarity with database, storage, & big data concepts
· Experience with troubleshooting Networks (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, traceroute, iperf, dig, cURL or related).
· Comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment.
(COMPANY NAME) Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for (COMPANY NAME). Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://wxx.xxxxxx.xxxx/xx/xxxxxxxxxxxx?xxxxxxxxx=xxxxxxxxu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
We prioritise candidates who demonstrate relevant skills for this role. You may wish to attend one of our up-skilling events at https://axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx.xxx/xxxxxxs
EMEA Student Programs Team
We prioritize candidates who demonstrate relevant skills for this role. You may wish to attend one of our upskilling events at axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx.xxm
|Posted on:||25 Nov 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Internet / New Media|