Motivated to learn online video or multimedia technologies, love editing your own videos or discovering the latest video streaming platforms ?
Passion for new technologies?
Customer focused with strong logical problem solving and analytical skills ?
If so (COMPANY NAME) might just have the ideal opportunity for you to start the New Year in a 6 month Fixed-Term contract with longer term prospects potentially available for a successful engineer !
We are currently recruiting for a talented and customer-experience focused Tier 1 Technical Support Engineer on behalf of a leading international SaaS-delivered video technologies client. The position will initially be a Fixed Term Contract for 6 months with the potential to become permanent for the right candidate.
This is an ideal opportunity for a junior level Technical Support Engineer with a strong academic and entry level professional background in Windows /MAC OS and Databases to gain professional experience in an fast-expanding US headquartered company with a reputation for cutting-edge technologies, delivering some of the highest quality SaaS and Cloud video experiences on the market.
As part of the front-line team you'll need to forge strong relationships with clients who will rely on your excellent grasp of product ( after full training) , analytical skills, troubleshooting flair and rigorous documenting of issues to solve basic to complex issues relating to the product's functionality and usage.
You'll be trained on the product, learn from others, grow your skills and accelerate you career , all within a friendly, encouraging and highly-motivated team.
Key responsibilities :
● Working on tickets via web-based ticketing system, over phone, or via live chat
● Positively representing the company and developing a beneficial experience in all customer interactions
● Prioritizing support tickets and exercising individual judgment based on issue severity
● Working closely with other Support team members to provide a great user experience
● Actively contribute to our client's internal Knowledge Base
● Writing and maintaining product documentation/FAQ's/support materials
● Replicating, describing and troubleshooting simple bugs and product issues
● Writing and maintaining clear and complete records in ticketing system of actions taken
● Be friendly, efficient, and dependable, providing timely updates to customers
● Escalating and working with Engineering & Development on complex customer issues
● Undertaking other duties as assigned by supervisor
● Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and ideally fluency in Spanish or Italian ( not essential)
● Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills. Ability to learn and pick up new skills quickly through training and independent learning.
● Strong Windows/Mac OS/browser troubleshooting knowledge.
● Experience working in at least one fast-paced support environment , sometimes working under pressure and to deadlines for problem solving.
●An inquisitive nature , you enjoy playing around with software demos and learning how new technologies work in your spare time.
● Great teamwork and personable/friendly collaboration skills in a medium sized team environment.
● Ability to excel in a fast-paced process-oriented environment, embrace change and show good judgement.
● Ability to work proactively and function in a self-directed and independent manner when required
● Software testing experience
● Video production and editing experience through studies , work or as a hobby. This can be taught to the successful candidate though as long as they are keen to learn !
● Knowledge of hardware maintenance / network/ database (SQL) troubleshooting
● BSc degree preferably in Computer Science or similar.
● At least one solid experience in a fast-paced, externally facing technical support role, for example in a university internship or contract role.
● Spanish or Italian language skills are highly desirable but not essential.
So if you'd like to grow your career in a world-leading international organization focused on creating innovative online video experiences for thousands of academic and corporate customers daily, why not apply today ? Our client can offer an excellent working environment with friendly and approachable colleagues with a wide range of performance incentives and health and well-being initiatives for employees.
Please note that in line with current government guidelines our client operates a remote/ home working system currently with a hybrid home/office working model foreseen for the medium term ( 3-4 months' time ) and office based work in the longer term ( in at least a year) so applicants need to be able to commute to North West London in the medium term
|Posted on:||12 Jan 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Job duration:||6 months|
|Languages:||English, Spanish, Italian|