JOB TITLE: Multi Skilled Mix Engineer
LOCATION: Gloucester Factory
REPORTING TO: Mix Engineering Manager
SHIFT ALLOWANCE: £x,xxx.x5
10% BENEFITS ENVELOPE: £x,xxx.x2
Reporting to the Mix Department Engineering Manager, the main purpose of the role is to provide engineering maintenance support within the Mix department in the correction, prevention and elimination of technical abnormalities (including safety, quality, environmental and efficiency losses).
On a daily basis you will carry out plant monitoring optimisation and recording, hands on running, preventive and breakdown maintenance tasks, and provide documented feedback on these activities via the sites Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
* Training and development of technical and engineering colleagues in process activities and trouble shooting.
* Develop AM and PM schedule standards
* Use WCM tools and techniques to analyse and optimise process performance
* Develop OPLs and SOPs to ensure best practice
* Ability to perform and understand principles of mix processing, including fluid control valves, pumps, instrumentation, and engineering techniques
* Proactively respond to process losses and inefficiencies:
* Prevent breakdowns
* Analyse Breakdowns
* Maintain original condition
* Optimise settings and adjustments
* Performance Mapping
* Set the standards for the use of condition based techniques and monitor results
* Develop and implement improvement ideas
* Deduce faults and trend possible faults that can be corrected to prevent loss of processing
* Support identification of critical spares
* Proactive in process and people safety of self and others
* Adherence to Site and Legislative safety standards (Codes of practice)
* Involvement in safety and risk assessments as appropriate
Policies and Standards
* To help ensure site compliance with all Quality, Environmental Standards, Site Rules and Regulations, Code of Business Principles and Computer Usage including email and internet and Procedures
* Deliver the site factory services at 100% service levels, remaining with operational standards at all times.
* Work closely with the Engineering Manager to ensure budgets and priorities remain a focus and deliver R&M target
Main Accountabilities continued
* Ensure all plant procedures, COSHH assessments and Task Based Risk Assessments are controlled and up to date and stored in an organised manner
* Ensure all housekeeping in Plants are completed making an organised, clean and tidy working environment
* Maintain high standards of cleanliness, organisation and order within the plant as well as carry out, maintenance, servicing, calibration and repair of equipment/instrumentation.
* Record and review all plant issues that occur
* Support the Mix team mentoring and coaching Apprentices
* Maintain regular contact with the Engineering Management throughout the shift and be fully aware of the site priorities to maintain the plant safely
* Regular review with Management including:
* Safety reviews
* Performance Reviews
* Breakdowns reviews
* Work progress Reviews
* You should be flexible in order to fulfil training needs and operational requirements
* Hours of work are 10 hour day shift, nominally xxxx-x8:00 Wednesday to Saturday
* A requirement of this role will be occasional working at height and in restricted spaces
* Completed a recognised engineering apprenticeship and have applied their mechanical and electrical skills in their current (or recent) role
* Qualified to ONC/HNC and NVQ3 or equivalent
* Electrical/mechanical multi-skilled competency to industry standard
Skills and Experience
* Knowledge of industrial control principles, systems and components including basic PLC knowledge
* Broad knowledge and experience of safe operation and maintenance of general services and utilities plant
* Knowledge and experience of the safe operation and maintenance of food industry liquid pumps and valves
* Knowledge and experience of the safe operation and maintenance of continuous processing plant
* Knowledge of safe working practices
* Excellent communication skills and a good level of computer literacy are essential
* Experience of a WCM/TPM or continuous improvement culture
WHAT WE OFFER
Not only do we offer a competitive salary, but also our pension scheme, an annual bonus, a staff shop and shares. You'll get the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and agile environment. We strive to achieve a family-friendly culture and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at (COMPANY NAME) is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
Cyber criminals advertise fake job adverts with prestigious employers as a way of stealing information or even defrauding individuals out of money.
In the most sophisticated cases, they will set up fake websites, which have a similar address to companies like (COMPANY NAME). They even conduct fake telephone interviews and then offer candidates a role with the proviso they pay a fee for background checks or to cover work visa costs. These types of attacks are becoming more common as more people are looking for employment in the economic climate.
How is (COMPANY NAME) tackling this?
Many of (COMPANY NAME)'s recruitment sites publish a warning to candidates about recruitment fraud. The Cyber Security team also proactively scan for signs of people setting up fake (COMPANY NAME) sites and act to close them down.
What can I do?
If you become aware of potential recruitment fraud, spot fake (COMPANY NAME) recruitment adverts or fake LinkedIn profiles, report them to the IT Services Desk via Una Live Chat.
(COMPANY NAME) does not accept responsibility or liability for any candidates who are financially impacted by recruitment fraud. Your vigilance is key
|Posted on:||05 Aug 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|