SummaryInnovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
Alexander McQueen is looking for a highly organised and commercially driven, Graduate to join the Merchandising team in London to support the Accessories and Licensing team. The role will provide a solid foundation for a career in merchandising, suitable for a candidate who is highly numerate with excellent product sensitivity.
How you will contribute:
* Competitor analysis for the categories to interpret market needs, trends and pricing strategy.
* Support on merchandising collection plan, update and follow up with design and development.
* Support in producing presentations.
* Support during selling campaigns.
* Collaborate closely with development team making sure catalogue is accurate, providing them with the relevant information
* Inputting prices into the system
* Analysing sell-in & sell-out data across departments
* Prepare and review product training presentation
* In preparation for Seasonal selling campaigns, accurately create new product codes.
* Prepare, share and manage master data and communications with Production and Kering Group Operations.
* Participate in technical reviews and report in an accurate file product comments to be shared with the stakeholders
* Supporting shooting team with samples and coding all items in a highly time sensitive environment
* Management and organisation of sample set before and after campaign launch.
* Assisting with other activities required.
Who you are?
* Excellent attention to detail even when working under pressure
* Effective and articulate communicator
* Previous experience in product merchandising is a plus
* Previous experience analysing Sell-in & Sell-out data is desirable
* Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word, advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
* Extensive analytical and numeracy skills
* Has a passion for luxury industry
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms - gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation - enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
Job TypeStudent (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
|Posted on:||15 Jan 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|