Description of the Business Line or Department
Metric Monitoring Group (MMG) Department role are to strengthen their expertise in the analysis of results and risks and increase their proximity with trading activities. MMGs major stakes is to meet the regulatory challenges, accompany the development of the business lines. Ultimately, MMG task is to ensure that MARK, RISQ and DFIN are able to carry out their respective roles within a carefully-controlled risk and cost management structure.
Business Line : Prime Services & Clearing business across the following asset classes : equities, FX, fixed income, commodities, and listed derivatives.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
* Follow and comment EQD PSC PnL and Risk.
* Perform daily controls (validation, KPI…) .
* Handle specific requests from management
* Work on projects for the different desks (organisation changes and requirements, migration and change of tools and reporting analysis)
Summary of Responsibilities
* Production of Daily P&L, Comment Business Line PnL and risk
* Maintain, and where appropriate, develop an independent daily P&L verification process which incorporates validation of trading results,
* Daily monitoring of all exposure impacting the business as a result of the trading activity, and working with key business areas, risk and operations to ensure exposure and risk is appropriately monitored and managed,
* Ensure documentation of all procedures relating to daily reporting and control processes are up-to-date,
* Respond to ad hoc requests from management / trading desks
* Build Knowledge around the Prime Brokerage, Clearing Collateral Management and Repo business to respond to queries and work on improving existing processes
* Able to build a macro in a short period of time
* Comply with fighting back controls
* Report on a timely basis and escalate issues to management at the appropriate time
Level of Autonomy and Authority
* A high degree of autonomy as the individual would be expected to operate with minimal supervision, report on a timely basis and escalate issues to management at the appropriate time.
* Indirect management and necessity to liaise with numerous teams within the bank inclusive of other Product controller's teams in across the globe.
* Need to be autonomous and able to report alert to MMG UK management
* Strong background in Economics and Finance (knowledge of plain vanilla products is a minimum)
* Knowledge of market risks would be a plus
* Strong knowledge on coding: VBA, Python, SQL
* Analytical Skills - understand underlying problematic issues and provide suggestions
* Communication Skills - ability to communicate with the trading and other teams
* Flexibility /Adaptability - ability to develop macro and handle special request in short period
* Ability to take initiative
* Ability to Work Under Pressure - ability to handle very high business requirements
* Teamwork - Able to integrate a multi-cultural team
* Curiosity - Ability to take initiative and propose solutions