Description of the Business Line or Department
The Quantitative Investment Solutions (QIS) department designs, develops and maintains systematic strategies delivered to investors, typically, via indices. The Origination and Marketing team focuses on designing and implementing investment solutions that meet specific investment requirements for clients.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- Assist the team with quantitative analysis, specifically related to building a better understanding of risks and benefits of systematic strategies in the context of client portfolios and/or specific market risks and themes
- Work closely with Marketing team to effectively portray quantitative results in marketing material
- Interact with other members of the broader QIS team as well as Sales teams.
Summary of responsibilities
- Quantitative analysis linked to SG QIS indices
- Quantitative analysis linked to client portfolios and exposures
- Calculations of portfolio backtests in relation to, among others, proxying asset allocation of investors and specific solutions designed to meet client objectives
- Working with the Marketing team on client presentations that portray complex analysis and solutions in an understandable and simple way. A reader with intermediate quantitative background should be able to digest and appreciate the presentation.
- Design and implementation of quantitative tools to be used by the team
- Work with Sales teams to tailor analysis to client requests
- Participate in internal
- University degree: engineering, mathematics, physics, quantitative finance
- Prior experience: if university degree not one of the above, then at least 1 year work experience (e.g. internships) in quantitative finance, or a field which requires high quantitative competency
- Good knowledge of at least one of the following coding languages (or equivalent): Python, R, Matlab, VBA, C++, Java. The role will require use of Python.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite: Excel, PowerPoint
- Good communication skills
- Proficient in English
- Ability to juggle many tasks in parallel
- Problem solving
- Some prior knowledge in Finance is a plus
- A keen and demonstrable interest in quantitative finance is a must
- Ability to learn quickly and eagerness to learn
Not required subject to technical university degree and demonstrable interest in quantitative finance.
If no technical degree, then 1 year experience in a quantitative setting is required.
Minimum of bachelor or equivalent in engineering, mathematics, physics or quantitative finance.
Other degrees accepted subject to work experience requirement detailed above.
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At (COMPANY NAME), we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment
|Posted on:||08 Dec 2020|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|