Description of the Business Line or Department
TMT Finance is positioned in the Investment Banking Division and is responsible for structuring debt financings (i.e. leveraged buyouts, infrastructure financing and acquisition financing) to private equity, infrastructure sponsors and leveraged corporates active in the Telecom, Media and Technology sectors. (COMPANY NAME) was named TMT EMEA Financing Bank of the year in 2019, reflecting its leading roles on the most significant deals across the region.
(COMPANY NAME) CIB is a leading European investment bank. With nearly 12,000 employees in 34 countries, (COMPANY NAME) CIB is present in the main financial markets with extensive European coverage and representative offices in Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Americas and Asia-Pacific.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
1) Assist origination: Help senior originators to structure and win new transactions. This can be achieved by researching companies and markets, preparing pitches and financial modeling.
2) Prepare credit applications: Contribute to credit applications, especially the company, market and financial sections.
Monitor existing portfolio: Summarize performance of portfolio companies for other members of the TMT team and for the credit team, if appropriate.
Summary of responsibilities
Work on financing pitches and marketing materials for private equity sponsors and corporates.
Analysis of the target company (business, market, strategy, financials, investment merits, risks) for the credit committee memo and information memorandum during the syndication process.
Preparation of the financial model, on the basis of which the financing structure is defined (amount, facility type, tenor, margins, etc). This involves LBO/infrastructure modelling, financial statement analysis, and development of financial projections.
Work closely with a range of internal teams, including capital markets (DCM, ECM, Loan Syndication), M&A, and IFD (interest rates, FX and derivatives).
Interacting with external parties, such as private equity clients, investment bankers, lawyers, accountants and consultants.
Assist the team with managing the portfolio of borrowers and client.
Work on restructuring/refinancing processes as the case may be.
Level of Autonomy and Authority
Intern role, no authorisation limits
* Strong interest in the TMT sector
* Accounting and corporate finance knowledge
* Financial modelling skills
* Strong analytical skills
* Ability to work quickly and accurately
* Ability to work under time pressure
* Ability to communicate articulately
* Work effectively within a team
* Client focused
* Fluency in English
* Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook)
Ideally work experience in a bank, accounting firm or a financial institution.
At least a bachelors degree in a numerate subject (economics, accounting, finance, maths, stats, engineering) from a top tier university.
Strong written and spoken English is a requirement